A December Wrapup (Bye, 2019! 😭)

So December was first too long and then too short. Like, what happened here?? There was like 2 and a half weeks until Christmas and then all of a sudden it was December 20th?? What??

Let's explore what I managed to squeeze into that weird warp to time.



Writing
*Sticks my head inside the writing hemisphere* *coughs over all the dust bunnies* *pulls head back out*

Um. So. I didn't write much this month at all.

Why? Well, I wanted to take a little break from writing after NaNoWriMo due to the HUGE amount of writing I did in November. It was only supposed to be like a week's break and then I'd get back into editing Jack, Thief's Son with new rigor.

Orrrrr, that was supposed to be the plan. A week turned into two weeks and every time I looked at the second draft for Jack it dawned on me what a plot hole I'd worked myself into. The plot hole made me freeze up creatively, and I'm still in that hole so, surprise! I still haven't written anything.

I have, however, decided to take a break from Jack for a while and to start editing the novel I wrote in November, as well as outline the rest of the series for future reference. So, in a few months or so I might be asking for beta readers. 😉

Art
*Sticks my head inside the art hemisphere* *is overjoyed with the treasure trove I find*

Art went a lot better than writing this month. I was doodling a lot of things all over the place. I even doodled a baby Yoda on a paper towel at work, but that picture has since then been trashed because, well, it was a paper towel.

Behold!

First of all I did an art swap with @artyfoysis.art and this is what I did, inspired by a drawing of a very kawaii fluffy cat.


Also! More manga drawing, because we can.





We also have.... whatever.... these are??

Made bigger so that you can truly be confused.




Blog Stuffs
On the blog I was also pretty uninspired, and I was also just trying to relax and reset a little bit before the new year, so we don't have a ton of blog posts, but we still have some, so here they are!

This month's most popular post was The Problem With Your Protagonist Succeeding in the Impossible Task. I was very passionate about that topic, so I was glad to see that others liked it as well!

Other posts this month included:
A List of Quirks For Your Characters: Part 3!!!!
Gift Ideas For Writers- A Helpful List
Archer and Wick- A Bit of Flash Fiction For You

I was very glad that everyone enjoyed my bit of flash fiction. There will be more of those coming soon!



Normal Life
In my everyday life we have the Botanical Gardens Christmas trains! I love going to this every year. The basic idea is, they set up a bunch of toy trains in a specific exhibit hall and decorate the room with scenery and buildings made only from elements of nature. This year's theme was famous gardens.






We went to the Christmas street fair in DC as well, but later in the month.




I decorated my dollhouse living room for Christmas. Just look at that tree skirt!!





After that it's just a lovely Christmas Eve and a lovely Christmas Day.







I hope you had a beautiful Christmas and a blessed New Year's Eve like I did. And I will try to be more consistent about posting things this January, so keep an eye out for me!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Underused Creatures and Animals in Fantasy

10 Underused Historical Settings in Fiction

Villain Motivation Ideas Taken From History