January Wrapup 2020



 
Writing has actually been pretty good! I'm still trying to get my life back on track after the way October and November went in 2020, and it's taking some time, but I feel like I'm getting stuff together again.

Draft 3 of RCOBI is almost done, and almost ready to be sent out to betas for a final read! (and after it goes through the betas/an editor, I'm going to start on the road map to self-publishing it!!) I think the book might finally be more or less airtight, I'm just having people check it over again to make sure there are no glaring problems remaining. I'm really ready to start working on something else lol.

Other than that, I drafted a short story or two for fun just so I could stretch my drafting muscles a little, and I want to edit one of those so that everyone can read it. Hopefully you'll see that sometime soon!

All righty, here is the art dump for January.

dresses

What I thought Halsey might look like as a fairy


 idk why these are stuck to the left, but has anyone else seen the Promised Neverland?


surrealism? I think?

work doodles



On the blog, you may have noticed fewer posts for January, and that's partly because some changes are coming to the blog and to some other stuff soon here. I'll do a separate post on that later this month, but for now, here are the star posts from this month!





As far as film, I have started Your Lie in April, and do I even need to say I'm binge-watching? Like yeah it's a little overdramatic in places, but the cast! The story! THE FACT THAT MOST OF THE CHARACTERS ARE MUSICIANS. Just... *chefs kiss*

In the music category, I have two very awesome pieces of musical mastery that you need to hear, and they're both super different:

This mix curated by Audiomachine, basically just epic music for Valentine's Day. Love <3

Everything's Good, which is a rock song by the Valla that I ran across the other day and seriously love. A relatable mood.

In normal life, like I said, I'm getting back into normal things like playing the piano and working out consistently and you know, life stuff. It's unfortunately not much for the history books, but it was a pretty good month. I hope yours was good too!

So that's it for today, I'll see you when I put up the next post! (or you could just read more of my posts right now hehe)


Comments

  1. I love that piece of I Love You art! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your art is so good! I'm glad you had a good writing month!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

12 Underused Creatures and Animals in Fantasy

10 Underused Historical Settings in Fiction

Villain Motivation Ideas Taken From History