Moments that I watch the whole movie/read the whole book for


No but really, I do this. I will watch the whole movie or read the whole book just to experience one sweet, sweet moment of the whole thing. Out of context, it would make no sense and have no impact. I need to watch the whole thing in order to experience it again.

I have no idea if anyone else has reached this level of obsession over just a couple seconds of experience, but if you also do this, let me know in the comments, just so I know I'm not insane.

Anyways here they are:


When Jonas witnesses death for the first time in the memories (The Giver) Just the raw emotion and the innocent horror on his face... I mean I like it for dark reasons but it's a good scene

'I've got my spaceship, I've got my boys, my work here is done' (The Vampires of Venice) Because of the beautiful attitude 👌

Po's full memories coming back to him in the burned village (Kung Fu Panda II) So so so cool

Holly fixing up the toy shop and making it awesome (Holly Claus) The absolute magic of this scene, and then the gorgeous illustration... *Chef's kiss*

The Forbidden Friendship montage (How To Train Your Dragon) It's iconic, need I say more?

Johnny reunited with his dad (Sing) My heart ❤️ 

The Midnight Mayor Walk BECAUSE COME ON MAN THAT WAS COOL (The Midnight Mayor)

Delivering the word to the silent city (The Phantom Tollbooth) The whole thing is so epic and unconventional and I love it

The rats in New York(Gregor the Overlander and the Prophecy of Bane) Creepy and it builds up just right... Dude I love it even if it is a lil scary

The very last line of Heartless because DUDE I WAS READY BRING IT ON


And there's my list. There's probably a ton more that I'm forgetting, because all examples immediately fled my brain when I decided to write this post, but that's what I could remember for today. See you soon with another post!

Comments

  1. Ah the Phantom Tollbooth one! I love that book so much.

    I definitely do this same thing! Although usually I don't have to read/watch the whole thing to get that moment...usually I just read the chapter, or find the moment on YouTube. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always want to do that because it would save me so much time but I like seeing it in context 😂 It's a bane even to me

      Delete
  2. I do this too!! Or something very similar. Sometimes I read/watch the whole thing because I want to experience the whole thing all over again, or because I want that certain special moment. <3 And sometimes I just skip right to that part. XD

    Oh! I adore that montage in How To Train Your Dragon!! And that part in Kung Fu Panda 2! I especially love the moment where he achieves Inner Peace and the whole thing about scars healing/fading (which he blunders over in perfectly adorable Po-ness) <333

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

12 Underused Creatures and Animals in Fantasy

10 Underused Historical Settings in Fiction

Villain Motivation Ideas Taken From History