July 2020 Wrapup



I can't help but feel that due to a certain Miss Rona and all the rules she's causing, the last couple wrapups have not been very interesting. Mainly because I haven't done much of anything. So I'm going to focus on some smaller stuff I did rather than big events, because I haven't had very many B.E. moments this month.

But is anybody else suspicious because no world catastrophe happened in July? Yeah me too. *narrows eyes at the book of Revelation*

Also, remember how I added the YouTube section to the wrapups last month? Well now I'm also adding Music and Film into these. I don't know if I'll keep it, so let me know if all the additions make the wrapups too long.  :-|


I got back into editing! for like 3 days. Ummm and now I gotta draft all the August posts even though it's only July 27th today(shhh don't tell anyone) because I'll be out of town the first week of August, so let's hope I get some editing done this week.

I read all the way through K. M. Weiland's Creating Character Arcs book, and it really helped me find the weak points in Wick and Archer's (but especially Wick's) character arcs in RCOBI. Of course, that knowledge is only making more work for me, but now I know how to make the story stronger at least!

Pretty sure most of why it's so hard to get back into editing right now is just a mental block, or maybe mental exhaustion. I really don't know which. But if I get back after a whole week of no responsibilities on my trip and I can suddenly write again, I think we'll know what's up then, won't we?

Art dump time! There wasn't a lot this month, but that's because I was working on a big secret project which will remain unnamed because the person who it's for reads this blog. So shh! Basically stuff from this month(other than the big art project) was all doodles and concept art.



I made a little film out of drawing the leshy, sorta tiktok style. It's on my Instagram if you wanna see: @scribbledfiction




I tried a few new bits of anime this month. I watched the first 2 episode of Avatar: The Last Airbender and lived to regret it because apparently I was supposed to start it with my sister. Whoops! I also tried out Mirai and A Whisker Away on Netflix. I didn't like A Whisker Away that much because it had a weird vibe, but Mirai was a really cute kid's film and it warmed my heart.

As far as music, I listened to some Bon Jovi again(it's been a while) and got back into Owl City again. Owl City music seriously puts me in my happy place every time. I also tried out the Broadway Beetlejuice musical soundtrack, and it's pretty good! The vocals are on point.

July's most popular post was How I Wrote At Age 12 Versus Now. I'm glad. I liked that post. It's 50% information and 50% me roasting myself, you'll probably enjoy it. XD

Other posts from July included:
The Writer's OTP Challenge!(feat. my few sweet otp bbs)

On YouTube I uploaded 3! Whole! Videos! And here I thought I wasn't productive. :) Maybe I was only productive because I was procrastinating on editing. :(

Regardless of how they got there, here are the videos! (if they aren't showing up in the email, just click through to view the post in browser)

The POVS did a makeup tutorial in quarantine and the results were disastrous

Disastrous videos normally result in a lot of bloopers, so here are the bloopers

And the last one is: A List of Things You Totally Have If You're A Writer. It's funny, go watch it. Do eet.




4th of July! pic dump



I drove home in a crazy storm


More work

I watched Hamilton and I'm not crying, you're crying. No but seriously when he got home from the war I was not expecting to feel the feelings that I did. (urge to relisten to all the hamildrops rising)

I messed with more makeup and managed this epic blue masterpiece:



yeah the butterfly one did not turn out XD





Knocked two things off my summer bucket list: baking day and ice cream




So that's my July in review! How was your July? Were you one of the many many people who bought illegal fireworks this year(like me XD)? Let's talk in the comments!

Comments

  1. July was super busy for me...but of course I made time for the Hamilfilm! *cries with you, because you're definitely crying*

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

12 Underused Creatures and Animals in Fantasy

10 Underused Historical Settings in Fiction

Villain Motivation Ideas Taken From History