February Wrapup


Every time I turn around it's another month. Who knows where the time goes. That's all I have to say about February.


As far as writing in February, I feel like I did pretty good. I edited quite a bit. I'm currently sitting pretty on my draft at almost 66k(and counting, since I'm technically not finished this draft yet). I'm aiming for the highest numbers I can conjure for this draft, and I feel pretty proud over how far this draft has come since I originally drafted it in November. Like, where did I conjure an extra 10,000 words from?? I have never felt so proud over creating words.


I guess my flash fiction and short stories for my very own Wick and Archer are really taking off, because Archer and the Girl was the most popular post of February.

Other than that the blog seems to be a little stagnant, with similar numbers across all the posts. But that's okay. Some months are like that. Care to give a little love to some of the other posts from February?




For Lent my goal is to avoid messing around on my phone when I'm bored, when I'm watching movies, and when I have free time. I'm still allowed to do so when it's my set time to be on my phone in the morning and one hour a week when I play computer games and phone games for fun, but when I have free time, my goal is to read or do a puzzle or(you guessed it) draw.

So we're likely to have a lot more art coming up this month and next month. Anyway! With that mentioned, I have a little bit of art to show you.


Some experiments I did with some paintbrush pens while watching When Marnie Was There. The one above is of some bamboo shoots and the one below is a potted ivy plant.


Baby Yoda speeding along in his Yodapod like a demon.

A pencil sketch that you can't really see that well in this picture. Whoops.



I don't have many photos from this month hehe.

The major highlight of my February was a women's conference held by my church. It was so nice to spend time with the women of my church as we had breakfast and went to talks on forming deeper relationships with our Lord and with one another. Because of that conference I now have this beautiful Handbook to Prayer, which was such a godsend as I've been trying to improve my prayer life recently.



My mom's birthday was this month! I did this painting for her, which as most of you probably know from a glance is based off a Van Gogh. What only some of you may notice is the Vincent and Amy silhouettes in the vase. ;) ;)



I also went to the March for Life for Maryland. I go every year and will continue to go while praying that God quickly puts an end to the evil of abortion.




Well, that's all for this month. March is my birthday month, and I also have a trip planned for this month, so we're in equal parts of anticipation and stress! See ya on Tuesday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Underused Creatures and Animals in Fantasy

10 Underused Historical Settings in Fiction

Villain Motivation Ideas Taken From History