Archer and the Girl (A short story)




So, here we have another short story. I was planning to write the one for this month from scratch, but there are two reasons I ended up not doing that:
1) ultimately I was having trouble coming up with a new story right now
2) It was just valentine's day, and this story was a little valentine's-y, as you probably guessed from the title ;)

Before we start the story, a little context: Archer's family situation is. . . complicated. (stuff that will be explained in the sequel to Robbing Centaurs and Other Bad Ideas) His relationship with his brother is the worst of all his problems.

His brother has been a bane of mine in writing, trying to figure out why he is the way that he is and why he does what he does. The worst part is his name. The working name when I was originally drafting the story was Omen, just something I put in there on the fly knowing I would change it, now his name is Alder, which I'm questioning because it might get confused with Archer's name too easily, but idk. If we get to book 2 and you find that his brother has a different name, that's Alder/Omen. Sigh. This guy.

So anyway, here's the story. It's longer than some of the others, which technically qualifies it as a short story but without any plot structure, but here it is anyway, because I love it. <3

Just click the picture below, and you'll be taken straight to the PDF. Please do not copy or replicate any of it, cuz it's mine. Thank ya!


I hope you enjoyed seeing my children be happy just as much as I enjoy seeing my children be happy. And I hope you had a happy valentine's day as well! See you on Thursday with another post!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Underused Creatures and Animals in Fantasy

10 Underused Historical Settings in Fiction

Villain Motivation Ideas Taken From History