The Stages of Agony when Starting a New Novel


I don't believe in letting more than one month go by without another one of these, so here we go! The stages of starting a new story.

Idea. Hooray! 

You've got a beginning, an end... but where's the middle?

You have the main character, the villain and... nobody else. 
Your protagonist rn


Creating 48375838 unnecessary side characters. 


Why are outlines so hard?? 

Staring at the blinking cursor until insanity sets in. 



Once you've created a crappy first page, all goes well... until about twenty pages in, when your brain goes... 


*immediately diverges from outline*


Get distracted by the internet.


Relatable? Did you laugh? Tell me about your writing woes in the comments!

 More like this:
Things Only Writers Understand (probably a part 1)
All the Good Tweets from June
Even More Things Only Writers Understand

Comments

  1. Haha so relatable. I am writing a novel for a project and I’m suffering the pain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL. You described me except for one difference: In the writing chart above, I'd have a black swirly crayon line that represents solitaire.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol accurate!!! I need to make a chart of that!

      Delete
  3. I like your simple lines and pictures style with this one. Easy to read and had a good chuckle. Thanks, Bethany. The graph at the end was my favorite, the confidence line, especially. Lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked it! U totally stole that graph from someone on Instagram, but I aspire to be that funny someday. 😂

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

12 Underused Creatures and Animals in Fantasy

10 Underused Historical Settings in Fiction

Villain Motivation Ideas Taken From History