uh, so i accidentally disappeared... my bad XD


 

Hey hey hey, I'm back!! I disappeared, mostly by accident, and before we go back to our sort of regularly scheduled programming, here's my brief explanation for why I've been gone: 

Basically, I was getting overwhelmed. You could also say I was overwhelming myself, since the whole writing thing is self-employed(self-inflicted, if you will XD), and I was just getting so drowned by life and trying to build my platform and editing and trying so hard to stay afloat. It was a little crazy. Therefore I had to make a few cuts and take a few breaks to make my brain a good and habitable place again.

To sum up those cuts:


I'm almost entirely cutting out Twitter. Twitter is just not a very happy place for me anymore, being on there at all was starting to feel like a constant risk, so I'm not going to be there very much anymore. If you loved the funny tweets I put on there, have no fear! I'm trying to channel that energy a different way now, so you should watch this video to see how I'm using it: video link

I'm scheduling Instagram posts now! I love doing Instagram so much, it's one of my favorite places to be as a writer on the internet, and there is no way I would want to quit it, but! Remembering to post at a specific time every day was getting very demanding. Thank goodness for the Facebook Creator studio, despite its many remaining quirks in the system, because now I can still post and interact, but the posts themselves are scheduled so I don't have to stress about getting them up on time.

Now here's the last change and the one that will affect my blog audience the most: I'll be slowing down a little on the blog. I don't think I'll be leaving entirely, but posting twice a week, every week was starting to feel more like forcing content than really doing it because I loved it anymore. There are still things I can do on here that I can't do anywhere else(like my random ramblings on unrelated topics), so I really don't want to leave the blog entirely, so I'm trying a different system on here. My new plan is, instead of making it mandatory that I write two blog posts every single week, I'll be writing out a list of things I want to talk about at the beginning of every month, and then spreading out that content across the month from there. So the amount of content and what the content is every month will be fluctuating, but hey, I'll still be here with the posts that y'all love.


So there you go. There are my changes. I'm sorry I sort of disappeared for a bit there, it wasn't intended, but the break I took was definitely the thing that I needed, and we'll be testing out the new system from here! Make sure to check out that new video, I'm really trying to up my subscriber count on YouTube, and I'll see you back here soon!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Underused Creatures and Animals in Fantasy

10 Underused Historical Settings in Fiction

Villain Motivation Ideas Taken From History