December Wrapup 2020

Wow, what a month. I'm fairly certain that December was the only month this year that felt like the length a month is supposed to be, not feeling like 2 days or 8 years(I'm looking at you, March).

After everything that 2020 brought me, I was determined that I was gonna feel the Christmas, baby. I wanted to enjoy this season and not feel like I was screaming all the way through. And I feel like I did that pretty well. But for the sake of not putting everything that needs to go into the 'life' section up here the way I always do, we're gonna cut this introduction short and just get to the content. Let's go!



Writing? What is writing?

But seriously. After how stressed I was in October through November, I opted to take a writing break in December. In the time in between finishing NaNoWriMo on December 6th(I think?), I wrote all of a few blog posts and one random short story that probably none of you will ever read. Do I feel a little guilty for losing that much writing time? Heck yeah I do. My addiction to constant productivity is my fatal flaw. But I also know that if I hadn't taken a break, I would have never recovered. And taking a bit of a break gave me more time for Christmas activities, making vlogmas videos, and just taking a much-needed breather.

So yeah, I didn't write much in December. I only just cracked open my editing document a couple days ago, and I can safely say I have forgotten almost everything I was doing in it. So hopefully that means it's almost done.



I did do art! I made art all over everything, really. You may have seen a couple of these already, but what the heck! You can look at them again.

I did this painting of my grandparents' kitchen for them for Christmas(I didn't get a picture without the tape on the edges, but it looked a lot tidier without the tape)

Did two pieces of art of Wick and Archer(I tell you about what went wrong in this post)

A lil Christmas girl I did(observe that I did a color scheme! I'm not very good at color schemes but it looks pretty good! And the one on the right is a girl I drew one night because I felt like it. She's probably one of the best human figures I've done recently <3 )



Ah, the blog. The blog had... middling success this past month. Some of the posts did pretty well, some of the posts did sorta meh. It was an odd bag.

As it happens, once again my favorite post of the month was the one that did the best. My Struggle With Writing Girl Protagonists was by far the most popular post, followed by 103 Christmas Gifts For Book Dragons. Another honorable mention is Lesser Used Settings in Fantasy.


I started my new job! I feel like I'm really starting to find my feet there, and I like the people I get to work with. They really seem like a fun bunch.

I tried out reels on Instagram finally. Reels bother me a little bit because Instagram always seems to be ripping off any marketable feature from any other app, but it's better than me downloading TikTok and losing half my life to it XD So far I've made only 3, but 2 of those have over 2k views already, which ?????? i don't understand but am grateful for???

I went to Ellicott city with my family and saw their Christmas displays. It was so cold all night, but the lights were so pretty, and it made it so worth it!



Spent the last week of December hanging out with friends who were in town and eating an unnecessary amount of junk food.


And of course...
Christmasssssssssssssssssssss









I finished Avatar: The Last Airbender. I started that show earlier this year, I think, and I've slowly been burning through the whole thing. The writers' ability to pack a ton of story into a 22-minute episode without making it feel rushed and also handle multiple subplots and character arcs simultaneously is absolutely mindblowing to me and if anyone has any good posts or videos on how the heck to replicate the sorcery that they did I really want to read them.

The characters! The epicness! The frEAKINNG FINALE!!!! It was so so so good!!

MercyMe has really good Christmas albums?? I already knew about the Mercy Me, It's Christmas! album, but just this year I listened to the older album, The Christmas Sessions, this year, and it was also super good! MercyMe is just really good at doing Christmas music.

This epic music mix was absolutely amazing and if you ever needed to feel like you're battling a dragon on your way to the Christmas tree, here's your mix.



That was my December! How was yours?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Underused Creatures and Animals in Fantasy

10 Underused Historical Settings in Fiction

Villain Motivation Ideas Taken From History