October Wrapup 2020 (Twas a dumpster fire)


October 2020 was honestly a mess. A mess that is funny to look back on but definitely not something I would want to relive. You will get more information on what I mean below, because otherwise this is just going to turn into a long infodump, and who would want one of those when you can have the same information sorted into tidy categories??



Writing, I think, is where the worst struggles were. In the first half of October, I thought I was doing good. I had all the character profiles under control finally, and I pretty much knew everything I needed to know except for the plotting. I really wanted to get everything done in the first part of October so I could have some chill time in between prepping and starting NaNoWriMo. Easy enough, right?

Wrong.

I already knew that my family was going on vacation in the middle of October, and I was prepared for that. Sure, I did a little prep work on that trip because I needed to, and I was a little stressed because I was trying to do plot structure really good this time, but it seemed okay at that point.

It was the next week where disaster hit.

I got home from the trip, went to a reformation party on Saturday, went to church on Sunday, and then discovered Sunday evening that we had to go to a funeral. We had Sunday through Monday to prepare, and then we turned around and went on another three-day trip. A three-day trip where I had to write my entire outline, name my novel and chapter titles, create my project(with title and cover) on the NaNoWriMo website, and create the aesthetics. All in the last 4 days of October. It was a lot of typing on the computer with headphones on, a lot of squinting at notebook paper under the overhead car light at night, and a lot of internal screaming. It was fun (sarcasm XD)

In the end, I did do it all, but now I only got one rough aesthetic done for the whole novel and the cover is a little slapdash.


Oh, did I mention that along with NaNoWriMo prep season, October was also Inktober month? And my smart lil self thought that I would try it for the first time this year. Honestly Inktober was the fun part of October. So very different from what I usually do with my art, and it was fun to try interpreting the prompts in a unique way. :D

I did get it done, but it was another thing that I was scrambling to finish. I actually had to do about 6 of them in the first couple of days of November because I still wasn't finished lol.

Here they are! The numbers are written on all of them, so if you want to know what the prompts were just look up the 2020 Inktober prompt list!






Phew, well at least all my October blog posts were written ahead of time. Shame this post wasn't, and I'm scrambling to write it on a Wednesday to post on Thursday when it was originally supposed to be put up Tuesday. :p

The top post from October by a landslide was (drum roll here): Types of NaNoWriMo Participants! Definitely one of my favorite ones I wrote for last month. I remember rereading it and laughing to myself. The link is here once again if you wanna read it: link

Other posts from October included:
How To Write Scary(Part 2!)
The Rabble King: A Trope and Why it's Great  (my other favorite post from October)
Why having a cat is super unhelpful (it's a joke I promise)


Normal life mayyyyy have been even more of a disaster than writing was. Outside of writing, I feel like I got very little else done between work and going like a house afire. But at least it's behind us now.

The big things I did this month: traveled






Bought a 200 pack of markers, organized and swatched them, and I already used them to ink a drawing of Wick and Archer for Inktober.


Went for a walk in the rain (don't have a picture though)


*


Yeah in short October was a disaster, and November is already really hectic what with trying to work and write and find a new job all at once, but I know everything that's going on is in bigger hands than mine, and God will make all this chaotic energy work together for his good and for mine as well.

I hope your October went well, and your November is off to a great start. Happy November! <3

Comments

  1. Oh man, I'm sorry your October was so hectic and hard for you! The writing stuff does sound super stressful.

    On a slightly more cheery note, I LOVE your Peter Rabbit sketch. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a-ok because it is behind us now. 😌 And thanks! Hehe I drew him in like 10 minutes before I had to go to work

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

12 Underused Creatures and Animals in Fantasy

10 Underused Historical Settings in Fiction

Villain Motivation Ideas Taken From History