NaNoWriMo Week 3 Update- Epic turnaround, I guess??

If there are any typos in this post, it's because I busted it out in 15 minutes while I was waiting to watch Pan with my sister, so I never reread through it. XD Enjoy.


How it's going:

So I hit 50k! As of today's session, I have 52,554 words. The main reason I got here is because over the last week I was absolutely panicked over trying to reach the end of the story before November ends. Chances are, I won't. But I'm getting over that for one very important reason: Writing 2.5k daily was not a good choice. Sure, it made my novel word count jump up like crazy, but I was doing that on top of trying to keep up with the blog, various social media, working around 30 hours a week, and trying to keep myself alive.

It wasn't working.

And here's the thing: everyone could see it but me. I was desperate to reach the end of the story like it was the only thing that mattered, and honestly, it's still one of my biggest goals. But if I don't get there, that's okay. In the words of my dearest mother, I need to give myself grace and just accept that if I don't get there before the end of the story, that's okay.

No matter what happens, I'm still going to take a break at the beginning of December, because that's what I need. I need a bit of a vacation from writing for a bit, especially because it's been rough for the last couple months, and because soon I'm starting a new job. :)

Anyway here are your snippets. I know that's why you're here. XD


Snippets:

Name of recipient, polite greeting, half a sentence of small talk(so they couldn't even bother to act like they wanted to talk, could they), then the satyrs finally got to the point.

Archer's eyes snapped up to the satyr's face. “They want us, in person. Really?”


 “Ohhhhhh no.” He fumbled in the bottom of the unfillable bag, and finally his fingertips found the stone his father had given him. Dropping one stone to the grass, he grabbed the other two in each hand and knocked them against the first one, shoving his demand at them with every ounce of mental strength he possessed.


 Charlie's scrubby little face appeared around Archer's shoulder. “Archer drowned a manghar!”
“Well, not really drowned,” Archer said. “We didn't stick around to see if they were alive or dead.”

“I don't think 'maybe drowned a manghar' is filling anyone with confidence,” Wick said.


Current mood in gifs:

Me sometimes because I'm trying to do better

vs me all the time because it's about to be winter


And now for you:

If you feel like you need a break, plan a break! Take it from me, if 'doing your best' pushes you to a point where you are in complete misery and you're killing yourself, it's no longer your best. It's just suffering. And if you're putting yourself through all that, you're going to look back on that time as being misery and you're going to regret it. Live life as though you plan on having minimal regrets. That's my advice.

And also:



...

write words.





YOU CAN DO THIS

Comments

  1. Congrats on winning NaNo! I hope you get as far as you can before the end of November, and then enjoy your break. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I still have no idea how I got here but I'm grateful for it 😂

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

12 Underused Creatures and Animals in Fantasy

10 Underused Historical Settings in Fiction

Villain Motivation Ideas Taken From History