NaNoWriMo Update- It's a day late for reasons

What's up! It's the first NaNoWriMo update!


Overview:

Overall, it's going pretty good! I'm finding I only really have enough time to write about 2k a day when I was hoping to do a little more because I'm hoping the novel will end up longer than 60k, but with work and other responsibilities and just trying to keep my life afloat, that's what we've got, and I'm grateful for that much! :)

This post is late because it's the second one that I've totally forgotten about until the last minute! Isn't that fun! I really did mean to do better, but yesterday was a hectic day, and the last thing on my mind was this post, sorry.


Current word count: Plot wise, we're currently sitting in the first half of the second act, which is probably where I should be considering that we're already a third of the way through the month! If you're nanoing with me, well done! You've made it this far! Keep going.

As far as the word count, as of right now(this is before writing my words for today) my word count is 20,965. Not bad if I do say so myself!


Some snippets:

 Archer got up and stood next to the door. “You really didn't have to do this.”

“Nonsense,” Eland whispered, even as he furiously searched through the ring of keys for the one that opened Archer's cell.“I said I'd get you out of here, didn't I? That's what I'm going to do.”

“No, really.” Archer tilted his head. “I was going to break out of this place at first light tomorrow. I had everything ready. We really didn't need anyone to break us out. I had it.”

“Archer,” Wick hissed, “be nice.”

“I am,” Archer insisted as his cell door screeched open. He cringed and slipped through the narrow opening before it could make any more noise. “I'm nicely informing him that a rescue was totally unnecessary.”

That one's so far my favorite snippet from the book XD. Another favorite thing isn't really a snippet, but just a moment between Archer and me as he's trying to be sincere for a letter and both of us were laughing at him trying to be sincere at all. It was epic.


[Archer] glanced back at Wick, his black eye looking much more accentuated in this light. “Come on, let's go now.”

“This soon?” Wick asked in surprise.

“Yeah.” Archer slung his bag behind him. “I don't feel like processing my grief right now anyway, and no one's going to give us more time to do all this just because someone died.”

They started out of the city without another look back.


 “First stealing priceless artifacts,” Wick said wonderingly, “now kidnapping a house. What will you make me do next?”

“Start a peaceful uprising, maybe,” Archer said. “You'd like it if it was peaceful.”

“I don't know, I'm starting to like punching.”


Current mood in gifs:


me whenever something else comes up, but picture it with internal screaming :D


And now for you:

If you're doing nanowrimo, or you're writing at all right now, or if you have emails to write while chortling about your own fake sincerity, godspeed to you! May your fingers fly and your creative well never empty! May burnout quiver at the mention of your name! May all the snackies be at your fingertips while still keeping you in perfect health! And may you prepare your Christmas pre-shopping lists with ease and great joy!

Until next week!

Comments

  1. I'm glad NaNo is going okay-ish! You're almost halfway there, you can do it!
    (And the snippetssssss! XD)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. (Oh, and by the way, I tagged you for the Sunshine Blogger award! https://samsbookshire.blogspot.com/2020/11/tag-sunshine-blogger-award-2x.html)

      Delete
  2. Loved your snippets!! Archer sounds very interesting XD I'm glad you're doing well with your Nano!! I'm struggling harrd haha. I really shouldn't have waited until November to plan out my story, but it is what it is 🙃 Keep up the terrific work!! We'll make it somehow 😂

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

12 Underused Creatures and Animals in Fantasy

10 Underused Historical Settings in Fiction

Villain Motivation Ideas Taken From History