September Wrapup 2020

 


 I feel like 2020 is fastforwarding super hard as we get close to the end of the year. Like, wasn't it just May? I feel like we just had the 4th of July. And I'm definitely not ready to start October. But it is what it is, and we keep moving forward.

September wasn't bad. For me it was mostly just a steady stream of work and editing, editing, editing. I've been working a lot of evening shifts lately, which basically means it's a mad scramble to get stuff done in the morning before I have to go to work, but I'm grateful to have that time at all. 



I almost completely forgot about this until I was referencing my August wrapup for this, but I took a writing break for a week at the beginning of September. I just felt so burnt out writing-wise, and every time I sat down to write, it felt like such an exhausting chore.

And the good news is, it worked! When I came back from a week of break, I felt ready to take it all on again, and like I said, writing has been going so smoothly I forgot I ever had to take a break at all!

I finally finished rewriting the opening to Robbing Centaurs and Other Bad Ideas, and it's looking already like I might need to rewrite it again sometime in the future because right now it just looks so sprawling and not very concise, but for now, we're just going to call it stellar and keep going. My list of needed edits is still long, but a lot of the big picture stuff is slowly getting better. The list gets shorter every day.

In other news, we are 2 days away from NaNoWriMo prep season, and I don't feel like I've done enough pre-prep prep. 'XD


I finished the Bois!!! I've been doing a spoofy Merlin fanart series for several months(because I procrastinate), and they're finally finished!!





(Lilo voice from Lilo and Stitch) Aren't they beautiful?

I also did a picture of Wick and Archer when I knew I was supposed to be finishing other art projects! :D


And I finished this month ago, but I couldn't let my parents see it until their anniversary, so look at this painting I did for them!


The blogosphere was slow this month. Here's a few highlight posts for ya:


Also, also also!!!! I crossed 500 followers on Instagram!! To celebrate I did an art giveaway over there, which I need to get drawing!


I took some time to go on a nature walk earlier in the month, and there was such a great view:




I took some artsy pictures of my sister and myself:

 

And basically I just did my best to survive. Like I said, it's been a lot of work. But luckily, work has gotten some new hires, so the workload is definitely lightening! Rachel and I took some time to go to Target on Monday, and I got to pick up some stuff I've wanted for a while. We also got cookies.


The big honorable mention in movies this month was the Promised Neverland anime series! I didn't even know it had a show until I saw it on someone's Instagram story. Obviously from that point I got obsessed. I had Saturday off this week, so I watched *way* more episodes that day than I needed to. It's pretty new, so the first season only spans up to about halfway through the book series, but I am ok with that. I just requested more of the books from the library, because my obsession has started anew.




That's it for me! How was your September? Are you prepping for NaNoWriMo this year? Let's talk!


Comments

  1. I keep hearing about The Promised Neverland and I MUST WATCH IT. I've only casually listened to the soundtrack, but I really love it too!

    And I know I've already said this, but those Merlin pictures are so good and I must watch this show too XD

    I hope you have a fantastic October, Bethany! <3

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

12 Underused Creatures and Animals in Fantasy

10 Underused Historical Settings in Fiction

Villain Motivation Ideas Taken From History