June Wrapup 2020



So. June.

Here's the good news: I'm back to work! I don't remember if I actually mentioned this, but for two and a half months I was on furlough due to covid. Mid-June, I got to go back to work! I'm just starting to get a balance back between home life and work life and I'm so glad to have my job back. And to be making money again. XD

So for the first part of June writing felt like it was going good. But now it... doesn't. I don't know what happened. Maybe it's just the HUGE CHAPTER I'M REWRITING. Or maybe it's just mental exhaustion over trying to write and work again. I don't know. But I'm a little in a rut with writing right now.

That's not to say I'm not writing. I'm doing it. I'm just hating every word I put down *laughs uncomfortably* And I'd take a creative break, but I know I'm just stuck, and coming back to it really won't make me get unstuck. So I'm just trying to push through the redraft of this chapter if I can.

But I did write 3? I think? pieces on Wick and Archer in June, which helped me breathe a little bit as far as writing is concerned. It's always fun to write about them just for the sake of it.

I confess, I only did a few pieces of art in June. I wanted to do more, but I don't know what happened. Maybe work, maybe nothing. But we only have a few this month.

I did this fanart of Mary and the Witch's Flower:

And the beginnings of some concept art for RCOBI:



On the blog, the most popular post was Some Quick Tips To Help You Stop Procrastinating On Your Writing A round of applause! *claps* *realizes no one else is clapping* *coughs*

Also on the blog this month!


Go check 'em out!


I want to get more into putting the YouTube stuff in my wrapups, but I misplaced the banner for a bit there so I kept forgetting.

Anyway!

On YouTube in June I uploaded 2 videos:

If you could go give them some love, it would be greatly appreciated. I have another video I'm going to upload sometime today and a few others in store, so keep an eye out!

Masks. Need I say more?

Masks are seriously a pain in the butt and I don't enjoy wearing one. But it's required at work and in a lot of other places, so if I want to go anywhere, for the time being I'll have to wear one. But at least the ones I have are cute and were sewn for me with a lot of love by my grandmother. <3

Other than that, and I'm looking back through my Almighty Memory Keeper(aka my phone camera roll) right now, I didn't really do anything in June. The library has curbside pickup now, which is great because now I can get new books, but other than that there isn't much to do these days. I can't even find a pool or anywhere to swim this summer, so I guess my little mermaid self is going to have to die parched in the sun. *Sadness*

Ah well. This too shall pass. I have faith in that.




So how was your June? Please tell me you had a more interesting one than I did. Or that you did something at all, even if it was just watching a new show. Let's talk in the comments!

Comments

  1. *sees you have posted more YouTube sketches* *immediately opens YouTube in a new tab*

    Congratulations on going back to work! I did a few things in June...but I think July is going to be even better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehehe I'm glad you like the sketches. And yeah, let's hope July is an improvement 😅

      Delete
  2. Wow girl! Work, writing/rewriting, and some BEAUTIFUL art! Sounds like you've been busy last June. (that Mary and the Witch's Flower art is GORGEOUS!)

    Feel you on the masks. I wear them 8 hours a day, 5 days a week (retail job) so I guess I'm used to them now. But every now and then, I feel like I'm gonna go cray-cray if I don't get that mask off.

    Hmmm, how was my June? It was good and unmemorable haha. I have been spending my time watching Korean dramas on Netflix, zoom conferences with friends, working and running my blog and my fairy tale blog along with my blogger friends. So not too bad, I think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, retail. I'd say I'm adjusting to the masks too, which is nice, but I totally agree that sometimes I feel like I'm going cray-cray. XD Your June sounds like it was really nice!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

12 Underused Creatures and Animals in Fantasy

10 Underused Historical Settings in Fiction

Villain Motivation Ideas Taken From History