Never Have I Ever Tag (Writers' Edition!)

So, nobody actually tagged me in this. I just stole it. And I don't really plan to tag anybody, either, so if you want it, bend to my dark ways and steal it for yourself!

Just so that I end up linking someone, I stole this from The Writer's Song. Thanks!

THE RULES:

Link and thank the blogger who tagged you. 
Include the graphic somewhere in the post (or make your own!) 
Answer the questions truthfully and honestly. . . .
Tag 3 bloggers. 


So, never have I ever...

...started a novel I didn't finish

I really want to say I don't start novels I don't finish because 99% of the time I finish everything I start, but there have been a few projects. There was an editing project I was working on a few years ago, and about three drafts in I realized it was not working out for me. I wasn't loving it anymore and I needed a break. And I guess I've never come back from that break?

There were also like 2 first drafts I've abandoned before, but like I said, I finish almost everything I start.

...written a story completely by hand

I have! Like many young writers, I started off writing everything, and I mean everything by hand. I would even write some second drafts by hand. None of them were super long, but most of them aren't super long now, even though now I write most things on the computer because it saves a lot of time.

...changed tenses midway through a story

I feel like I may have for a dream sequence or two, and there was one story I was trying to write in present tense and kept slipping into past tense by accident, but never on purpose, so I'll go with never have I ever done this.

...not researched anything before starting a story

*laughs uncomfortably* So there was a certain time where I read two steampunk novels back to back and just assumed I would be able to write a steampunk novel without any prewriting, without any research, without knowing anything.

I finished that one and even tried to edit it, but  hoo boy was it bad.

...changed a protagonist's name halfway through a draft

Okay so it wasn't protagonist, no, but there was a side character ages ago who had some kind of stereotypical Spanish name that I kept forgetting, so his name was Juan or Jose or something cringy jumping all over the place and changing constantly.

...written a story in a month or less

Honey, I've done NaNoWriMo three? Four? times, and come out on top every time. I have written the words. I have done the things. 

...fallen asleep while writing

No, but I've come mighty close before with writing down ideas and plot hole fillers before bed.

...corrected someone's grammar in person or online

How do you know that?? Who told you I do that??

...yelled at myself in all caps in the middle of a draft

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAh-
yes.
Yes I have.
I have yelled all caps notes to self in the middle of the draft to keep track of later. I have changed all kinds of stuff in the middle of a draft and I don't want to forget it all.

...used "I'm writing" as an excuse

As an excuse to what? Tell people to close the door behind them? Ask people to be quieter as they stampede around the house? Because I've done both of those. Oh, and also I had to warn my mom the other morning because I was going to get up at 5 am to write and I didn't want her to think there was a burglar. 

...killed a character you based on a real person

Oof probably. I don't consciously base characters off of real people, but I've probably based a villain off someone I didn't like before and then killed them in a terrible way.

...used pop culture references in a story

Well, Thor walked by dragging Loki behind him one time in a sci fi novel I wrote with my sister, so yeah. AND I'D DO IT AGAIN.

...written between the hours of 1 a.m. and 6 a.m.

Well I just mentioned the 5 am story...

...written down dreams to use in potential novels

SO MANY AND THEY WERE MOSTLY TRASH.

...published an unedited story on blog/internet/wattpad

Double oof. I'm pretty convinced I'm more talented than I actually am, because I love to spread around things that I haven't edited yet. I think they're great! And then I edit them and realize that the first draft wasn't as great as I thought...

...procrastinated homework because I wanted to write

I am homeschooled and therefore do not have homework. But I don't think I've procrastinated school for writing, so I guess not?

...typed so long my wrists hurt

Not so much typing, but I longhand write a lot slower than I type(I type at 86 wpm), so I prefer typing because then I can write the words at the speed my brain can think of them(most of the time). But when I'm trying to write longhand at the speed of my brain, it tends to hurt my hand. Like a lot.

...spilled a drink on my laptop while writing

*has PTSD of the time recently that I spilled a sugar drink across my laptop*

...forgotten to save my work

*has more PTSD of the time that I wrote the most perfect and beautiful scene and hit 'do not save' by accident??* THIS WAS LIKE 7 YEARS AGO AND I'M STILL MAD ABOUT IT OK

...finished a novel

Oh, you sweet and innocent child. I've finished probably 50. Only some of them are worth sharing, but I love them all.

....laughed like an evil villain while writing a scene

I was editing yesterday WITH SOMEONE ELSE IN THE ROOM. And when I got to a good part I was like 'mwahahaha foreshadowing'

...cried while writing a scene

I always cry during a good death scene or the scene is rubbish. It's a rule.

...created maps of my fictional worlds

If I don't make a map I have no idea how to keep track of where we're going. Behold!


...researched something shady for a novel

Oh, I have. I've looked up blast marks, broken bones, and I think maybe poisons? I've researched guns too, so that I know I'm referencing the right one.


Well, now that I have spilled my guts, it's your turn! What are your never have I evers? Tell me in the comments!

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. First drafts only, though. 😅 And they were all quite short. But I do love them.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

12 Underused Creatures and Animals in Fantasy

10 Underused Historical Settings in Fiction

Villain Motivation Ideas Taken From History