NaNoWriMo Update

Today's post was supposed to be announcing a NaNoWriMo humor video on my YouTube channel, but that isn't ready yet *cough* (because I was too lazy about shooting it) *cough*, but that should be up by the end of the week, Lord willing. So today we're doing a NaNoWriMo update instead!

I have given very few updates this month, so here's one for you! I'll probably do a post for NaNoWriMo overall at the end of the month or at the beginning of next month, but today's is just a little update of how it's going so far.

So, how is it going?

I will never get over stopping for the day and seeing that I stopped at exactly 10k. 

This novel has turned out a lot longer than I thought it would be, at least so far. I might end up with a really short third act that ruins everything, but right now I'm at almost 40k and I just passed the midpoint a few days ago. So yikes. If the rest of the novel keeps with the lengthiness that I've dealt with so far, it will be probably the longest thing I've ever typed.

And that's cool! Normally I'm a severe underwriter, but there was so much I wanted to fit into this novel, and I do have two more novels to come in this series(which I might also end up drafting very soon so that I can jump straight into editing the whole thing), and I now fear the length of those two. 😬

So far I have reached 39k and I'm still going! The writing has been getting a little sluggish in the last couple of days, but hopefully I'll survive. I have my minifigs to keep me company, so at least I'm not alone in my struggles.

My bois.

Favorite moments:

What good is it to do an update if I don't share some of my favorite lines so far? Here are a few:

"It was the robber who took all the valuables months ago... and then put them all back." <- That was Archer's doing btw. XD

"Even a centaur prophecy won't convince you that I'm telling the truth. Huh. So what do you do when it's about to rain? Keep going until you're caught in a mudslide?"

In less than the time it had taken Wick to be cornered, Archer had stolen the entire Manghar throne. Then, instead of making any move to rescue Wick, he jumped out the window.

And finally, the best set of dialogue from today:


Wick turned to him in exasperation. “You had all night to sleep while you were in the manghar prison!”
“Waiting to be executed!” Archer exclaimed. “Do you seriously think I got any sleep while I was there?”



Basically, I'm just trying to survive. Write the words, keep up with the blog, drink my water, stretch daily, keep going to work... haha only feeling a little frazzled here. 😅😅 But I shall emerge triumphant!

See you all with another post soon!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Underused Creatures and Animals in Fantasy

10 Underused Historical Settings in Fiction

Villain Motivation Ideas Taken From History