Dear Lonely One



Dear Lonely One,

I see you.

You sit alone. You keep your thoughts to yourself. No one approaches you, so you don't approach anyone. You think no one sees you.

I see you.

I ask myself, are they lonely? Do they need a friend? Or do they just want their space?

I see you every day. But I don't know how to approach you. So I don't.

When you go home, you're alone there too. You have no one to talk to. You have no one to have adventures with. Sometimes it feels like these four walls are all you'll ever have to come home to.

I know that feeling.

I, too, would like someone to talk to. I, too, would like someone to have adventures with.

I sit alone too.

I don't want either of us to sit alone.

So, the next time I see you, I move.

I compliment your Captain American shirt that I saw from across the room. I tell you how much I love the beautiful pictures you draw.

You smile, but there is sadness in your eyes. I can see it. I recognize that sadness.

Then I ask:

Would you like a friend?



The end.



Would you like a friend? I'm here for you if you need me. I can always do with another friend.

See you on Thursday.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Underused Creatures and Animals in Fantasy

10 Underused Historical Settings in Fiction

Villain Motivation Ideas Taken From History