Blogger Confessions


I have been blogging for about two years now(Yay me!), and there are a lot of happy things as well as a lot of frustrations that go with it. Blogging was on the brain this morning, so writing about blogging is what I'll do!

Confession #1: This gets frustrating for me sometimes.
       Honestly, blogging- and tweeting, Instagramming, just trying to get myself out there in general- is so hard. I'll sometimes look over at someone else, someone who has had a blog for only a year and has hundreds of readers, or someone who has way fewer posts on social media than myself but has hundreds of thousands of followers, and I wonder how they did it. I'm trying really hard, aren't I? I post consistently. I network as much as I can. But I don't have that big of a following. Anywhere. At least not yet.


Confession #2: Sometimes I don't want to write posts at all.
       This normally happens on Mondays. Thursdays, not so much, but Mondays, so often. I'll get up, check my social media, maybe post on said social media, then come to draft Tuesday's blog post. But sometimes I really don't want to. Sometimes I'm not feeling the subject of the post, but I already promised it in the previous post, so I have a responsibility to fulfill. Or sometimes I'm just feeling lazy and whiny and don't want to write at all. But it's normally just because I'm feeling uninspired.

Confession #3: I need to listen to music more often while I draft.
       This solves the above problem. In order to get myself through this morning's early draft session(as in, as soon as I got up, I sat down to draft. That's the level of behind schedule I am on this), I turned on an epic music playlist. I immediately felt more inspired and started writing much faster and more smoothly. I need to remember to do this more often as epic music always makes my writing go easier. And it makes it more fun, too!


This is so aesthetic-y. I love it.

Confession #4: My favorite posts are the ones on Thursdays.
       Don't get me wrong, I also love the ones on Mondays. Especially the funny ones where I actually get a good response (I should do a really clever one again). But the Thursday ones are the ones where I feel I thrive. I write whatever is on my mind, and normally it just flows. I don't know what makes them better, but I always feel they are more a look into my own head than anything else on the blog, and I'm glad I opted to do them the way they did.

Confession #5: I desperately need to shoot and post more sketches.
       There's not a huge following for the sketches yet, but there will be. If you're an early fan of my sketches, give me a shout in the comments! You rock! But I really want to do more of these sketches because I think they're funny. They're basically some of my Twitter posts, but on camera featuring me acting like a total dork. It's fun!


For your enjoyment, here is one.


Confession #6: I really do enjoy blogging.
       Blogging can be really hard. No really, it can be really, really, really, really hard some days. And sometimes I wonder what I'm doing wrong that a lot of readers aren't coming to me. But then there are days where there's a sudden and massive spike in readers on one particular post that I loved. Or someone will drop me a comment that's really nice or really funny, which is always a huge lift to my day. So, in the end, I really do like sharing my thoughts, my attempted humor, my lists of inspiration ideas. And if I like it, it's worth it, right?

That's all.


If you liked this post, consider reading:
What if no one wants to read my novel?
Writer Terms for the Confused

Are you a blogger? A Twitter-er? An Instagrammer? Drop me the link down below, and I'll be sure to check it out!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Underused Creatures and Animals in Fantasy

10 Underused Historical Settings in Fiction

Villain Motivation Ideas Taken From History