The 'Voted Most Likely' Tag



Tag number 2 for the week! I was tagged in this by Rachel, and I was delighted to have a blog topic for this Thursday, so thanks for the tag! We all know how much we writers like to talk about the characters we've created, and I find this tag so. Freaking. Hilarious!! But be warned, I have written a buttload of stuff in the last nine years I've been writing, so I'm going to have a HUGE array of novels and characters I'm referencing here.

Rules

1. Thank the person who tagged you (thanks, Rachel!).

2. Include this link in your post.

3. Use your own lovely Original Characters (OC’s); don’t use a friend’s characters or characters from your favorite fandom. They can be from any project, so long as you created them. For more fun, try to use as many different characters as possible.

4. Tag five people to play along.


And the Questions

Most Likely to Be a Poet
Cecile from Spell City.

Cecile is kind of all over the place. She's a faun with a pixie cut and she obsessively watches boxing on TV. I don't know, she just seems like the type that would struggle to write really bad poetry, constantly throwing crumpled paper at an overflowing trash can and eventually posting what she deems good enough on the internet, where only her close friends will see it anyway.



Most Likely to Dance in the Rain
Florida from Walking the Line.

To be clear, I really don't like the title of this book. It needs massive editing and a new title, but anyway. Florida's a very young, very fun, very impulsive thirteen-year-old, and dancing in the rain sounds like something she would love to do. Everyone might stare, but if she wants to dance, dance she shall.


Most Likely to Look Good in a Kilt
Harry from Spectacular.

Honestly, any of mine that would wear a kilt would wear it less to look good and more because it's a culture thing. And that is the reason Harry would wear it, but I also think he would look very good in it. Make fun of him if you like, but he knows he looks fabulous.



Most Likely to Drop Everything and Become a Sheep Herder
Crisledor from my Elf Series.

Um, this series doesn't have a name yet? Could you tell? Crisledor starts off as the nameless first of three monsters sent after the protagonists, but in reality, he is a very sad and lonely person. During the series, he has to keep fighting for one side or the other, but if given the chance, I think he would gladly give it all up for a little bit of peace.

Ugh, now I'm sad. Someone get a mace and protect my smol cinnamon roll.


Most Likely to Be Found in the Library
Linden from my Elf Series(again).

Linden is from an elven race that loves knowledge and learning, and there is nothing they love more than books. He adores any library, and he would probably be astounded by the topics we have in libraries these days. "You have books discussing the inner meanings of entertainment?!" *checks out the whole section*

I really need to draw my own art of him, because this
is the best picture I could find, and I don't feel like it's very accurate.


Most Likely to Sleep Through an Earthquake
Rex from Before the Beginning.

Rex is a gravity manipulator, and he uses it with maximum flair. He says whatever is on his mind, he won't hesitate to call tell someone they're being an idiot, and he is astonishingly hardy against basically anything. If he were to wake up one morning and find out an earthquake had knocked down the building he was sitting in, it honestly wouldn't surprise either of us.



Most Likely to Steal Food From Other People's Plates
Loki from Jack, Thief's Son.

Those of you who saw my Character Drawing Challenge might know who I'm talking about. Loki is a little white dragon who hangs around Jack(the protagonist)'s neck, and he is very mouthy. He never hesitates to take food when he wants it, and once it's off your plate and into his grubby talons, it's his, all his.


Most Likely to Cheat on a Test
Devin from my Superhero Series.

Devin is a blue-haired hacker, and he's very good at it. Technically, he's pretty smart all by himself, but can I see him actually doing the legwork to get a good score on a test? No. He'd either copy someone else's answer over their shoulder or hack the school's system to write in a good score for himself anyway.

And all this is riding on the assumption that you would catch him back in school after he dropped out, so. . .



Most Likely to Say "Oops" After Setting Something on Fire
Um, a lot of my characters are very reckless, so all of them? Jk, James Fire from Before the Beginning.

Btw, Before the Beginning is the prequel the above-mentioned superhero series(which is also currently unnamed, as you may have noticed). Just a clarification.
James, or J as he is usually called, is a pyrokinetic, so fire sort of. . . happens sometimes. There are no scenes in the novel of him actually lighting something on fire by accident, but let's be honest: It's only a matter of time, isn't it? He would probably just be messing around and all of a sudden:

"Whoops. Aw, crap. Rex, get some water, get some water! Oh, crap, it's everywhere!"


Most Likely to Open an Orphanage
Castor from Spell City.

Castor, a fire eater in my urban fantasy novel, is the biggest sweetheart in the book. As such, he must be protected, probably by me, but he wants to help other people, too. So, these are his children now, and we're going on a field trip.


Most Likely to Run Off With the Circus
Javi from Javi and the Boats in the Sky.

Honestly, running off with the circus is kind of what Javi's already done, little cutie that he is. Especially considering that the boat full of catfolk he actually did run off with were originally going to be circus people. But he would gladly race straight off on a whim to be shot out of a cannon or fall off a tightrope or something. It's his kind of excitement.



Most Likely to Survive the Zombie Apocalypse
Lexie from Crash and Burn.

None of my characters really stand a good chance, but Lexie might do better than I think. She would mainly survive just by hunkering down with a lot of crackers and chips, and then a lot of just running for her life, but I think she would probably do well. If any zombie came up behind her, she would probably just whack it over the head and start running.



Most Likely to Fake Their Own Death
Toron from my Elf Series.

I really wanted to say Devin again, just because at some point he would just be like "I'm so done here, I'm gonna fake my own death," but I couldn't do the same character twice, not with the wide variety I have to choose from. Toron wouldn't do it on a random whim like Devin would, in fact he would probably do it for very good reasons, but he is one of my most likely. It would rip apart everyone who knew him, but he would do it if he thought it necessary, and after a couple of months of living on the lam and hiding in some woods somewhere, he would randomly pop back up and be like, "Behold, I have returned."

Giving all his friends heart attacks and deep-seated desires to murder him for real.


Most Likely to Die and Haunt Their Friends
Archer from my currently Untitled project.

I'm in the prewriting stage, okay? I want it to be a trilogy, but I don't have a name for anything except for the two main characters, and they were lucky to have those. You can visit my fabulous aesthetic board if you want, but that's the most I can offer.

Anyway, Archer is a very obnoxious, hate-him-but-gotta-love-him character, and if he ever let life have the audacity to kill him, he would probably just come back to keep irritating everybody as a ghostly apparition.



Tags

I don't know a lot of bloggers personally, so I'm just going to say that whoever wants to join can join!

Let's see you try to answer these questions about YOUR characters! Drop your answers down in the comments!

My Twitter
My Instagram

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Underused Creatures and Animals in Fantasy

10 Underused Historical Settings in Fiction

Villain Motivation Ideas Taken From History