More Things Only Writers Understand


It's high time I did a part 2 to Things Only Writers Understand, so this is it! Without further ado, let's. Get. Going!


Wanting to live inside the world you created.
*manically searches for the hidden door* Why do they get to live there but I don't??? I created you??? Let me in!!!!!


Hating everything you've written but no don't you touch them they're my babies.
Me unleashing my wrath upon the haters.
I am allowed to say whatever I want about them. You were given no such permission, my good sir. Leave my presence.


That character that is basically your favorite book/movie/comic-book character, but with a couple tiny details that are different.
The Doctor vs. the 3+ characters I may or may not have based on the Doctor.
Don't judge me.


The complete overload of dark, moody characters.
You get a tragic backstory! You get a tragic backstory! Everybody gets a tragic backstory!


Realizing how perfect that song is for this scene and listening to it on loop for an hour while you write it.
I do tend to do this. 'I'm Still Here' was so perfect for that scene...


(For the girls) Needing a purse big enough to hold a notebook.
I mean, big enough to hold a full memo notebook isn't for everyone, but if it can't hold a pocket dictionary, what are you doing?


The folder of weird snippets.
If your friends or family ever took a peek at these, any confidence they might have in your sanity would be shattered. Guard it with your life.


I hate writing. No, I love writing! No, I hate writing.
I feel like this man some days.


How important The Man Who Invented Christmas is to our sanity.

I'm not kidding. If you haven't seen this movie you must. Someone finally understands what we go through!


The weird things you MUST have to begin writing.
Which one is you all the time? What's something I forgot? Let me know in the comments!
Also tune in on Thursday for my post on how to get your writing done with a short attention span!

My Twitter
My Instagram

Comments

  1. THE MAN WHO INVENTED CHRISTMAS! Yes I love that movie so very very much.

    This is great, Bethany!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right? I saw the movie and I was like "SOMEBODY FINALLY GETS IT!!"

      Delete
  2. I literally will carry a tote bag so I can fit my writing binder, lol.
    And I have so many weird snippets of writing!! I've tried to keep them all in one folder, but they manage to be EVERYWHERE.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah I thought I was the only one who had a writing bag!! My compadre!!

      Delete
    2. Haha, no...you're not the only one! :D

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

12 Underused Creatures and Animals in Fantasy

10 Underused Historical Settings in Fiction

Villain Motivation Ideas Taken From History