Things Only Extroverted Writers Understand


There are many kinds of writers out there in the world, but what's something no one ever talks about? extroverted writers. I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that I'm probably not the only one in the world. And while I'm happy that the introverts are uniting, we extroverts need to know we have people out there too.

So here you go, my extroverted friends. This one's for you.

Problems only extroverted writers understand:

  • Hanging out with people vs. getting writing done
             I have writing to do today, but I was also invited to go somewhere. Hmmmm. I'll just write like a crazy person up until I have to leave, and then all I'll be thinking about while I'm out is how to fix that plot hole.

  • Wanting to talk about your writing with friends. . . but knowing better. 

             The great conundrum of the extroverted writer. You want to talk about your #wip so. Bad. But! Your friends aren't writers, and you know if you start talking about it, you'll get the dreaded glassy-eyed stare of not-really-understanding, followed by the polite smile and nod of can-you-stop-now and the awkward silence of ok-now-i-don't-know-what-to-say. And on the same note...

  • Having no writer friends

             (In actuality, I have at least two friends who are also writers. But I still feel your pain) All you want to talk about is your work in progress and how hard the most recent draft has been, but too bad!! None of them know the pain of trying to get that one character to behave or that scene not going just right... oy.

  • Why haven't I heard of any extroverted writers???

             Have you ever read any author's biography? They were all the 'weird' kids in school who liked books better than people. That's all well and good, and admittedly, sometimes books are better than people, but where are my extroverted writers? (If you know any, tell me in the comments. I'm dyin' over here)

  • Wanting all your characters to have nice happy relationships and feeling bad when all their friendships are dysfunctional. (I'm sorry!!)
             I would put a full list of all the characters I've wronged here but I think it would break my blog.

  • Wishing all your characters were your friends
How well I would get along with my characters.
             No lie I would get along with some of my characters so well. Maybe that's why they aren't allowed to be real people. If we were allowed to be friends, something would blow up within five seconds, possibly less.

  • Wanting to share your work with your friends but also nooooo
lol nope *jumps out a window*
  • Trying to find something to talk about besides writing

             I'm sorry, there are other topics? Because my brain can't come up with literally anything else to talk about right now.


(Also, in case you're wondering, every time the word 'right' appears in this post, I typed 'write' first by accident, considered leaving it as a pun, and then fixed it. So, there you have it.)

Have any of these ever happened to you? What's a situation I forgot? Let me know in the comments!

My Instagram (writing memes!)
My Twitter (my own personal writing humor station!)

Comments

  1. I'm an extroverted writer too!! I've always been the weird kid but most kids liked me because I was super friendly �� And now that I'm a writer I loooove talking about it constantly! #TheStruggleIsReal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Weird but super friendly. An accurate description of me 😂

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

12 Underused Creatures and Animals in Fantasy

10 Underused Historical Settings in Fiction

Villain Motivation Ideas Taken From History