The writer's cycle of doubt in gifs


Sure, this post might not make you feel better about your own writing doubts, but there's at least a 50% chance it won't make you feel any worse. So here we go.

We all have this cycle between doubt and 'yay me!' going on in our heads. I don't know about you, but I think my brain spends a lot of time at the top and the bottom and less time in all the transition stages. I don't transition. I extreme-ify .Transitions are for people who transition. (btw, when you're done reading this, let me know in the comments which stage(s) you spend the most time stuck at. i really wanna know)

Now let's go through the varying stages.


  • 1. This is really good! I love it!



  • 2. It's. . . it's not bad, I guess.

sorry, but the abruptness of this gif makes me giggle.

  • 3. It's okay.

*slowly stops smiling*



  • 4. Oh my gosh, this is awful.





  • 5. Well, I guess it's not that bad.



  • 6 It's actually kinda good.



  • 7. This. Is. GENIOUS!!!

thank you, thank you (#7 is sometimes also called #1)

Yes, clearly I had nothing better to do with my day, and yes, I know I'm really channeling that one Tangled meme about the exact same thing, and yes, I'm aware this isn't actually that funny. But worry not, the humor tab at the top of the blog should more than furnish you with the kind of writing humor you're looking for. Or you could look at my Instagram and my Twitter to see the writing humor I post there. See y'all next Tuesday!

Comments

  1. This was hilarious (and way too relatable)!!!

    Also, we kind of posted the same post?? Lol, twins. XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought the exact same thing when I saw your post!! (honestly, though, yours was better. I kinda threw mine together last minute)

      Delete
  2. omg yes this cycle is so so very familiar 😂😂I love it how one can cycle through all of these IN LIKE ONE DAY.😂

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

12 Underused Creatures and Animals in Fantasy

10 Underused Historical Settings in Fiction

Villain Motivation Ideas Taken From History