11 Things Writers HATE



I've already done a post about things writers love. Now for the anti-version of that post: Things writers hate. All the things I'm about to talk about are all things every writer hates. With all of their soul. No one else can truly understand how aggravating these things are, but together, we are strong. Meaning, we can all rant about them until the cows come home. So let's begin with #1.



1. Losing your work.
Nooooo!

       I hate losing the paper I had my work on. I get so mad so mad because I can't remember the exact wording from before. This also applies to when you close out the Word document and you accidentally hit don't save instead of save?????? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

2. The mean characters.
       I mean, they're our faults, because, um, we created them, but still... They're jerks, and they must be dealt with. Go sit in a corner, you turd.

3. Those stupid erasers.
       You know the ones I'm talking about. The ones on those cheap free pencils you get at events, and when you go to erase, they make a mark that is 100000000% uglier than the one line you were trying to erase. 

4. When the scene just won't work.
       Feel free to whack your head against a wall at any point. No matter how hard you slave, no matter how long you bleed onto the page, all your blood, sweat, tears, aggravation and BLOOD SACRIFICES don't seem to be doing anything!!! This may end in tears, punching the computer, or swearing off ever writing anything again, but no matter how it ends, it can't end well.

5. The blank page.
       It taunts me! It mocks me from where it preens before my eyes! It must be taken care of. The blank page is also interchangeable with this:
For real, I can already feel my blood pressure rising.
6. When a really bad book sells super well.
        What is with this? Why do the books that are written super bad still sell? Why do they get book deals on something that sucks when there are so many perfectly good books that agents aren't taking??? 

7. When you don't write down the idea you had and by the time you go to write it down, you have no clue what it was anymore!!!
       This normally happens to me, um, when I'm staring into space thinking. My mind will wander all over the place, and by the time I come back, I've misplaced my idea. It is endlessly frustrating.

8. Rereading the draft only to realize it was a migrating flock of clichés.
       It hurts. That's all I'm gonna say. This realization is painful.

9. When Pinterest doesn't have the image you wanted.
       I mean, how hard is it for Pinterest to generate a picture of some tiger folk that don't look like they're about to rip your throat out? Or just some normal-looking boys. I don't need any models in my feed, thank you.

10. When you can't remember that one word.
       This is what siblings are for. Or, I mean, you could use a thesaurus, too. But may I please sock the people who tell you to just write 'elephant' when you can't remember and move on?? I can just see myself coming back hours later and just sitting there internally screaming, "WHY ARE THERE SO MANY ELEPHANTS???"

11. Writer's block.
        Ah, my old enemy. Everyone's old enemy. Writer's block just waggles its little butt at you and taunts you!! No one invited it, why is it here? He's taking up all our time for nothing. Excuse me while I just railroad over him and keep writing. Begone, spirit! I don't believe in you!!!!


Have I forgotten anything important? Would you like another post in this series? Have other questions? Write them down in the comments and I'll do my best to get back to you.

My Twitter
My Instagram


Comments

  1. I HATE those kind of erasers lol...they make me so miserable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is why I always have one of my own pencils with me, I love the Papermate Clearpoint mechanical pencils.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha those erasers are the WORST. All of these things are, actually. Especially losing your work and the stupidity of Pinterest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed. And yet... I can't get myself to want to stop using Pinterest. XD

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

12 Underused Creatures and Animals in Fantasy

10 Underused Historical Settings in Fiction

Villain Motivation Ideas Taken From History