This is my first post



Well, um, hi there. If you're one of the first ones on the blog, here to see this post as it goes live for the first time, welcome and thanks for helping me get started. For those who have dug deep through the old files for this blog's first post, this is the ancient history you were looking for. My first post!

This first one isn't anything special or interesting, just me telling you what my blog will be like. I wanted to do a writer blog, one of the many thousands out there, but I wanted to do something a little different. There will be a few posts here with helpful tips for writing better, just like the other writer blogs, but that's not what I want this blog to be about.

I want this blog to be about being a writer.

Being a writer isn't all sipping tea at seven in the morning while you type on your 1870's typewriter, and it's not just about staring off into the distance in your bathrobe with your best melancholy face on. It's full of tears and laughs and pride and sudden sparks of realization and turning on the light in the middle of the night to write down your idea, because everyone knows that if you're certain you'll remember it, without a doubt, you'll forget it. I want to write a blog where I can connect with other writers on a personal level. I'll be putting out posts both short and long full of writer jokes and what it feels like, and if you're a writer yourself, I hope to write this blog in such a way that you feel at home immediately.

There will also, I think, be many posts here about whateverness. You know, the random things in my mind that I want to say but can't because they're out of context with the conversation or just too dramatic to say in normal conversation. Goodness knows I've said deep things too many times in normal conversation. So I plan to put them here instead, where they can't earn me any awkward silences.


So those are the kinds of posts you can find on this blog. That's what will appear in the future, and that's what I hope will make you want to join the following of my blog.



Now, this is the part where I obnoxiously advertise myself. Please follow my blog, sign up for the emails if I've already set that part up, et cetera, and let me know in the comments if you like where this is going. I also have Twitter and Instagram accounts set up with this blog, where I will post memes and other funny things that writers will hopefully find relatable. Please follow them, too, since in this world of ones and zeroes, every follower counts. See you in my future posts!


Visit my Twitter

Visit my Instagram

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Underused Creatures and Animals in Fantasy

10 Underused Historical Settings in Fiction

Villain Motivation Ideas Taken From History