August Wrapup 2020

Hellooooooooooooo!

Pretty sure I didn't mean to take the first week of the month off from blogging in both August and September, but here we are. I wanted to take a 100% writing break for a week to get my creative well filled again.

So, August. The month we all fill with a panicked kind of fun as autumn looms closer. And boy was it a sticky one.

August was... ultimately pretty fun? I actually did do a few things, and now I'm enjoying the last bits of warm weather before (hopefully) crisp fall sets in. For real though please I wanna wear hoodies without sweating

So let's see what I did!


In August I was feeling pretty burnt out, and I don't even know why. I was just trying to push through editing, but it was always more changes, more changes, more changes, more words, more words, more words, and I always felt so tired when I sat down to write. Granted, they were all important changes, and I'm learning from my mistakes as I go, but it can get tiring after a while.

So I took a week's break(which is why this post is well late), and I'm back! On my week off I got a lot of YouTube stuff done instead, so you'll have to scroll down to the YouTube section to see what I was up to.

I'm also starting to realize that if I'm going to not repeat all the plotting mistakes I made in RCOBI, I'm going to have to start brainstorming what I want to happen in my NaNoWriMo book now, before I try to jumble together a plot at the last minute. I mean I kind of know what will happen in it(there will be death) but I haven't thought all of it out and I desperately want to do better on the sequel to RCOBI.

With the brain dump that was the writing section over, it's time for the art! I have officially started too many projects in the month of August, so here's some highlights of me trying to get everything done! I still wanna do another comic, but before I can do that I have to finish up some of my other projects.

First here are some doodles I did at camp(more on camp further down). Mostly just messing around.

I added two more bois to my Merlin fanart series

Also,I've been painting rocks

In the past month, finally got to try out Alfred Hitchcock movies for the first time. I watched both Vertigo(which I felt was not all it's cracked up to be) and The Birds(which was honestly fantastic).

We've also been watching through a bunch of the older Batman movies because we got a bunch of them in a set, and I'll just say if I had a dollar for every dutch angle, I'd have paid for the budget of the movie myself.

August's most popular post was My Dialogue Pet Peeves. Everything else is holding steady at about the same number of views. The pet peeves one was niggling at the back of my brain for a while, so I'm glad it was received well.

Other posts from the past month:

YouTube, as I said, was a little busy, and not just because I was posting videos. I also gave my channel a major facelift! I'm super proud. I gave it a new header, and you can't see it yet because I haven't posted the most recent video yet, but I edited a channel theme and an end card! I feel like my channel has upped majorly in the 'looking professional' ranks. Here go look at it, it's beautiful

(also I'm trying to make nicer thumbnails rather than just slapping text on top of a random picture, so if you see a subpar, lazy-looking thumbnail, feel free to berate me and get me back on track)

As far as videos, we got two! One short and one full-length story, so go watch them!!



In my normal life, the big highlight of my month was camp! For the first week of August, two of my siblings and I were in Virginia spending time with lots of other Godly young people, singing and praying and going tubing down the river. I haven't stayed up until 3 am in so long and honestly I think I missed it, even if it took me forever to catch back up on said sleep.




After camp we met the rest of the family at a cabin we were borrowing and spent the weekend there. Super relaxing, got to catch up on sleep and have coffee, 10/10 would recommend.


Also in August:

I made my first mug cake! I'm still not super sure about the texture of it, but the flavor was well worth it.

(alas I don't have a picture of this.)


I got first sunburned, and then tanned!


And posed in comfy pants for some reason.

That was my August! How was yours? What did you get in before the end of summer?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Underused Creatures and Animals in Fantasy

10 Underused Historical Settings in Fiction

Villain Motivation Ideas Taken From History