March Wrapup (let's just admit that March was really something)

March.

Hmm.

Do we really want to talk about March?

Well, I guess it's better to discuss a problem rather than trying to ignore it, so I guess we're going to talk about March.

Almost half of March was totally fine. The talk of the spreading virus existed, but it had yet to really touch anything in my life, and that was fine by me. But on the week of my birthday, that was where everything went sideways. The talk of the virus was getting more and more prevalent, to the point where I still won't listen to the radio because that's all anyone can talk about between songs. My birthday itself was all right, although the outing I had planned that day got canceled due to scheduling complications and just public panic in general.

That weekend, the virus had officially hit my state, everyone went crazy and got savage at the grocery stores, and I don't know, my birthday just felt like the least important thing going on in the world at the time. I turned 20 three weeks ago today, but it feels like months. It feels like all of this has been going on forever, and it all just seems to be getting worse as we go. I don't know where the end of the tunnel is, but I can't see the light yet.

I'm trying to stay hopeful, but it's not easy.

Anyway, with all that spoken about, let's get on to the actual wrapup.


I FINISHED THE SECOND DRAFT. I REPEAT, I FINISHED THE SECOND DRAFT!!

I feel like I've done as well with Robbing Centaurs and Other Bad Ideas as I possibly can on my own, so now I'm sending it off to the betas for an inevitable reality check. *laughs nervously*

I'm pretty proud of that, especially considering the number of words I had to crank out to finish that second draft. Which reminds me, I simply must share the final numbers from the draft.

When I finished the initial draft in November, the story was 57,814 words. A decent length, but not the length I wanted. I wanted it longer. The goal of the second draft was to end up with between 65k and 70k.

AND I DID IT!!

The final numbers for the second draft are 71,584 words!! I couldn't be more proud!! Considering how difficult it is for me to make things longer, I am really, really happy about this. :)


Okay, so I had already thought I'd do a lot of art in March because of my Lent goal to do drawing and reading and stuff instead of messing around on my phone, but because of lockdown and isolation and no work for two weeks, I got a lot of art done. (I've also read probably 8 to 10 books in those two weeks, and that's way more than I normally would read too hehe).

First some Mandalorian drawings I did, because the show is awesome.

             Some doodles from work             A watercolor tutorial I tried. It looks awesome! <3


 
Some other drawings from my sketchbook. A little manga experimentation, a fanart, another dragon eye.

A chalk drawing of Princess Jasmine (I couldn't get a good picture of it)

And lastly but not leastly, in honor of Jodie Whittaker's 'Incoming Transmission' video, I drew on our chalk wall in the stairwell. It has all her tips for getting through any worrying situation, as well as Jodie herself and the TARDIS. I had a good time drawing it and rocking out to my P!nk station on Pandora.


It should also be noted that I drew a manga of Wick and Archer, just a little one, nothing to get excited about, but I'm saving it for a blog post of its own so that everyone can fully appreciate my hard work. XD You'll see that one later.


Getting past the absolute onslaught of art above, on the blog things went decently. The most popular post(which I'm very pleased about) was How To Hold Your Mentor Back WITHOUT Killing Them, which you can check out by clicking the title.

Other posts this month included:

As I may have mentioned in the intro to this post, in my normal life this month was all over the place. I didn't do much of anything, although I did get to do a but of a minor outing on St Pattie's with my mom and sisters, in which my makeup looked FABULOUS, if I do say so myself.


But aside from that, there's just been a lot of staying home, a lot of watching Netflix and YouTube, and a lot of drawing. 


That's all. I know this was a particularly long wrapup, so if you're still here, I commend you. Have a chocolate, and a pat on the back, because I think we all need one. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Underused Creatures and Animals in Fantasy

10 Underused Historical Settings in Fiction

Villain Motivation Ideas Taken From History