A(slightly late) August Wrapup

Enter me repeating for the second month in a row that I haven't been productive! *places paper bag over head* *leaves the country*

In all seriousness, in the month of September, I plan to take better charge of my individual weeks and actually reach the goals I set up for myself. I'm thinking of taking my sister's advice and setting aside a specific notebook to write my weekly goals in. I'm not a person to use a planner, that's too much planning, but I should probably start doing weekly goals again if I want to actually achieve stuff.


Writing

I've hit a bit of a sticky spot in re-drafting Jack, Thief's Son. I'm having a hard time getting the character arcs and stuff to do what I want them to do, so I paused where I was and jumped ahead to the second half of the second act, a place I had more of a vision for.

Writing isn't really going more smoothly now than it was before I jumped ahead, but I remain hopeful. At least whatever drafts may follow this one certainly won't be any worse. And I really want this novel to come out well, so I'm willing to fight for it.

In other news, I have picked out what I want to do for NaNoWriMo! Who else is doing it this year? If I can find enough peeps on the blog/Instagram/Twitter, I may do a virtual write-in on my YouTube channel! Or maybe on Instagram? Let me know what you think! This year's project is about Archer, a winged rogue who has been stealing valuable items from all over their world in what seems to be a pattern, and Wick, a well-trusted messenger and advisor who has been instructed to stop Archer. To top it all off, Wick is also carrying the next thing Archer wants to steal.


 
A pic of my crazy boi Archer from my storyoard, and a concept picture of Wick. 




















Art

In this month's selection of art we have.... two things.

Don't know what I did with the original picture I took of this dragon art, but here's a pretty Instagram pic with it.

A sketch of Archer. I want to do one of Wick, too, I just haven't had the chance yet.


Blog Stuffs

Still trying to get more outreach for this blog, which is something I need to work at more, but I have crossed the 400s mark on Twitter!

This month's most popular post was A List of Quirks To Give Your Character, and I'm glad about that, because I loved that post! I may have to do a part 2, because it was very enjoyable. Other posts from this month were:



Normal Life

This month I went to a young adult camp with my sister, which officially marks the first road trip we've ever done on our own. Despite the preceding stress of it all, it was super fun! I met so many fun people, and it was just great to have a full week of no work and all time with the Lord. I would do it again in a heartbeat.





We also went to the National Book Festival at the end of the month, where I got two of my Spiderwick books signed by Holly Black! Allow me to start reading literally everything else she's ever written...




And that's it! Trust me, in written form my month sounds busier than it was. Hopefully this month I can get more progress done on writing, exercise, music and flexibility. That's the plan.

How's it going? Was your month more productive than mine(it probably was)? Let's talk in the comments!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Underused Creatures and Animals in Fantasy

10 Underused Historical Settings in Fiction

Villain Motivation Ideas Taken From History