The Writer's OTP Challenge Tag(ft. my few sweet otp babies)



Massive confession here: I don't write a lot of romance. I am well known for being the one and only Big Ball of Nope when it comes to romance, whether I'm writing it or reading it or just... it makes me really uncomfortable. *nervous laugh*

So because I am the one and only Big Ball of Nope about romance, I haven't written many romances. When I was first planning to do this tag, I was worried I'd only have like 3 romances to reference, but I went through my many many notebooks and I've actually found some! I have a whole post-it note in front of me full of names. Now, there are 14 questions in this tag, and I definitely don't have even that many otps(otp stands for one true pairing, or in other words a romantic couple, for those of you who didn't know), but I'm gonna do it anyway because the few romantic children I do have deserve some attention.

Anyway, I totally stole this tag from Kenzie, but it was kindly shared with my hapless blogging self by Nicole. <3 Thank you!!



the first otp you wrote
Help my nope-ness is already taking over. So the first otp I wrote was when I was *coughs* 11, so don't judge me. It was a medieval fantasy, and a badly written one, and their names were Ernest and Belbina. They were very sweet but yeah it was a really early work so help.

your cliche otp from an early work that you still love
I don't really know that I have any cliche otps from old works? Like I said I haven't written that many to begin with. So we're gonna leave this one blank.

a hate to love otp you've written
I seem to have failed you again. I really don't think I've done a hate to love. I didn't even know that this trope was a thing until I was a teenager, and by that point, I had already become a Ball of Nope, so I actually haven't done any.

But, for the sake of making sure I don't have two unanswered questions in a row, I'm going to give you Josh and Miranda. They're from the superhero series I was writing and writing and writing and then suddenly not writing for like 4 years there. In the actual draft, they were very sweet and got along fine, but the original plan was for Josh to be super obnoxious and get on Miranda's nerves like you wouldn't believe.

your otp with the craziest relationship
I'm giving this one to Snow and Cole. I hardly ever talk about this project because I'm not really sure how I feel about it, but it's from a Snow White sci-fi retelling called M.I.R.R.O.R. that I wrote a while ago. Snow is... well it should be obvious, and Cole is the huntsman character. They already liked each other before they ended up on opposite sides of the conflict, but as you can imagine their relationship ends up pretty crazy. It's been so long since I revisited this project that I don't even know how it works out for them. don't behead me plz

your best-dressed otp
ummmm I am now realizing that I really need to write my characters some nicer clothes. You'd think I would have already done that after reading all three books in the Caraval series, but apparently  I am incorrigible.

ANYWAY. I think I'll give this one to Toron and Alexa. They were from my elf series ages ago, and they're not even central to the story, but I thought they were kinda cute. Toron is an elf(automatic style points there) and Alexa was a Faye princess, and she seriously had the best and most gorgeous jewel-toned gauzy kind of clothes that were my favorite to describe. *makes a mental note to write cool clothes for more characters*

star-crossed love: your forbidden love otp
Okay okay, so for a second there I was really worried I hadn't written forbidden love at all and I was just thinking 'what how did this happen??' but I found one. 

Phew!

My forbidden love otp is Astrelli and Khani. They're from the sci-fi novel I wrote with my sister. They come from a planet where there are two branches of the same species living in different areas on the planet, and obviously, Khani comes from one place and Astrelli comes from another. Again, their romance wasn't central to the plot, but were they a cute pairing? For sure.

your funniest otp
Funniest.... hmm. I wish I could say that I'd written a funny otp, but I don't think I have. I can't even say that any of my funny characters are involved in an otp. That's a shame. But there is no way I'm going to write an otp on purpose to reconcile this. Sorry. (:

your otp with the healthiest relationship
I really don't know. I mean, I can hardly say my characters have healthy coping mechanisms or healthy lives. But I'm a great lover of healthily written relationships, I just can't say that any of them are more healthy than any of the others. They're all around the same.

But for the sake of putting someone's name here, I'm going to go with Josh and Miranda again. They were only important in one book of the superhero series, but after that, I tried to weave in their story in the background so you could watch their relationship progress. I feel like for the most part, they're a really healthy relationship.

your sweetest, most adorable otp
I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS ONE THE WHOLE POST.

My cutest and most adorable otp is...

J and Lilac.

Once again, from my superhero series. (except they're from the prequel book) J(short for James) is the leader of the supers, their big brother, so to speak, and their teacher. He's great. And he and Lilac were great together, one of those pairs that were good for one another. I love those. It's just a shame what happened in the end. *cough*

the otp that snuck up on you- the one you didn't expect to love
Archer and Spring.

My babies. My smol sweet things. How I love them together. Now here's the thing: It's not that I didn't expect to love them. I knew I would. I was the one that set them up so they would be cute together. I just didn't expect it to go on for so long. I knew I wanted to give Archer a cute little girlfriend, just for one story, for the fun of it, but now the pair of them have basically taken over the short stories. XD And I don't regret it for a minute. I love them.

your moodiest otp
I wish I could say that I don't write moody characters, but that would be a lie. However, I can safely say that they don't have moody relationships. Sure, they have fights sometimes, but I don't think any of them are really moody.

a class-crossed otp that you've written
Ah, Jack and Skye, my class-crossed babies. If y'all remember my currently-on-hold editing project Jack, Thief's Son, but Skye appears in the sequel to it. I will always love that sequel. And the parties in it. I almost chose Jack and Skye for the 'best dressed' question, but I decided to save them for this once since no one else would really work here.

Anyway, Jack becomes nobility in book 2 for... reasons, and he's being followed by this bounty hunter called the Black Cat(whose name is actually Skye). There are many things I can't tell you because spoilers, but they're the otp for that book and I really like them. They almost can't get married in the end because of the whole class-crossed nonsense, but the last scene of the book is their wedding so...

an otp you wrote that most people don't ship
My ships are flawless. You can tell because no one questions them. Or maybe they don't want to judge my ships because there are so few of them...

your very favorite otp that you'll love until the end of your days
I really wish I could pick a favorite.

It's really a toss-up here between J+Lilac and Archer+Spring. They're both so cute and I love them equally, but in different ways. J and Lilac were so sweet and had each other's backs through all the hardship and the conflict and the fear, and Archer and Spring are just this quiet, cute adorable-ness that I can't stop smiling about.  So I choose them both. I love both of their pairings so much.


And that will be all for today! A quick honorable mention that I wanna put in here: Lexie and Gakushi. They're from Crash and Burn, which you can read here: click this for link. I dunno what to say, they're just a super unimportant but super cute baby teenage ship, and I love them to death. I always thought it would be fun to revisit them in a short story, but my heart says Nope so maybe we won't. XD

If you want this tag, go ahead and steal it! And tell me about your favorite otp from your writing in the comments! I wanna hear about it!

Comments

  1. Oh, this was a lot of fun! I am also a Ball of Nope when it comes to writing OTPs, so I have...maybe one. And that's a big maybe, since they never acknowledge it (yet.)...haha. Ahahaha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least I'm not alone. XD No but really I thought I only had like 1 but when I went and looked back at all my different projects, I actually found a lot!

      Delete
  2. I'm not great at writing romance, so the closest I've gotten to an OTP is a QPR. I vaguely ship the two characters, but I think they're more emotionally intimate and affectionate best friends, rather than romantic partners.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have many pairings like that! Yeah I just like most of them as friends a whole lot better..

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

12 Underused Creatures and Animals in Fantasy

10 Underused Historical Settings in Fiction

Villain Motivation Ideas Taken From History