NaNoWriMo update#2- I think I'm fluffing my way to victory?

Current word count:

36,197


How I'm doing

As a whole, it's actually going really well. I crossed 30k two days ago, and so far I've been determined to just put. Words. On. Paper. that I've been too busy to get stuck, I guess. 😂

BUT HERE'S THE PROBLEM:

I'm past 30k and I'm not even close to the midpoint. 

*Insert laughing crying hysteria noise here*

This is what I get for writing a sequel.

Normally this would be great! I mean, I'm normally an underwriter, so writing this many words is great! Sure, I threw in a fluff scene here and there, but mostly it's just the story that's taking up all this room.

But I was really planning on taking part of if not all of December off after NaNoWriMo so I wouldn't get burnt out. After as chaotic as October was and as crazy as November now is, I was really looking forward to that break.

But if I don't finish this novel in November, I'll be stuck writing it in December because I won't want to forget what I was doing with the story.

So now you see my problem. 👀 Not to worry, though, I'm sure I'll make it.


Snippets

Forgot these the first time around, but here they are, sorry!

 Archer's brow furrowed. “Which storm?”

“The one you used as cover to pull your grand heist on the centaurs,” Ochre said coldly, and Archer decided that was quite enough talking for one meal. 

*

 Wick, who was slowly stirring something or another with a wooden spoon, turned around. “I'm making something. I think.”

Archer craned his neck a little to see from the doorway. “You made slop. That looks disgusting.”

Wick looked down at the lumpy mass of poorly mixed flour and egg and made a bit of a face. “I'm trying to follow a recipe I found left on the counter. Maybe I missed a step.” He leaned over the counter to read the recipe again.

*

Current mood in gifs:


the main mood: me suddenly realizing that I am majorly off track

me causing chaos in the story(because girl there is TEA)

and... this


And now for you

How are you doing?? Tell me you didn't fall off the bandwagon in week two!! Do you need caffeine? A 20 minute break? A dragon???

May your characters obey your every whim and only go crazy in the parts while your outline was vague anyway. 😌


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Underused Creatures and Animals in Fantasy

10 Underused Historical Settings in Fiction

Villain Motivation Ideas Taken From History