The Original Outstanding Blogger Award




 Ummmm so I'm way late on this post. I don't know how I got tagged in it in late July and am writing this when it's almost October. However! The Original Outstanding Blogger Award entries end at the end of December, so it's ok. *peaceful sounds*

In other news, I was actually tagged on this tag?? Who knew this could happen?? There's a scenario where I don't just steal whatever I want and pretend I was tagged?? What a unicorn of a situation. Anyway, I was tagged by Nicole, so thanks, girl. 


THE RULES:

1. Provide the link to the creator's original award post. (this is very important: see why in step five) Fair.

2. Answer the questions provided. Can do!

3. Create seven unique questions. Oh, shoot, I'm toast.

4. Nominate ten bloggers. Ensure that they are aware of their nomination. Neither the award's creator nor the blogger that nominated you can be nominated.

5. At the end of 2020, every blog that ping-backs the creator's original post will be entered to win the 2020 Outstanding Blogger Award! Okay, this is a legitimately cool aspect of this tag. :)

Colton Beckwith originally created this tag, and here's the original post!

All right, questions time!


1. What's an achievement that you're proud of?
I'm proud to have written several books and published one! Crash and Burn makes me happy whenever I see it. I'm also proud to have come so far at my job, and all my managers consider me capable of just about any project they can hand me. 

I can't really take credit for any of it, though, all the gifts I have come from God, and I feel very blessed. <3


2. Favorite part of 2020 so far?
Well let's be honest with ourselves, 2020 hasn't had many good parts to choose a favorite from. XD But in the name of being optimistic, I'm gonna pick one. I think my favorite part of 2020 was going to camp in August. I've only gone to Poiema twice so far, but every time it's the highlight of my summer. Getting to hang out with other godly people my age is an irreplaceable experience, and it's just so awesome going on a road trip with my siblings!


3. What's your favorite character type to write?
My favorite characters to write are also my favorite characters to read- the crazy ones. The tricksters and the unpredictable ones and the ones with the questionable sanity. Are they actually going to stab that dude in the armpit? Are they actually going to eat a frog whole? You don't know! I don't think even they know! It's all a grand adventure!

4. Thoughts on the MBTI personality quiz? (And bonus: what's your type?)
I think there's something to the MBTI personality quiz. Someone clearly took a lot of time to work out the intricacies of the human psyche and created a glorious beautiful well-organized encyclopedia of knowledge! That's so cool! And also, people reading up on their personality type feel so seen and understood, and they realize that some of their weird little tics are things that also happen to other people! It's glorious in its camaraderie!

That being said, I think people need to understand that it's all relative. Your personality this year isn't the same as it was last year or five years before that. You are always subject to change, and that actually means that you are probably multiple personality types at all times! So yeah there's definitely something to the personality types, but you do have to remember that your type is always changing.

And since you asked: Last time I checked I was a ENFP. ;)

5. Favorite type of chocolate?
STRAP YO-SELVES IN THIS IS GONNA BE A RIDEEEEEEEEEEE

So I basically love all chocolate. Hershey's, REESES M'BOY, chocolate chips, chocolate covered pretzels, Godiva chocolate when I'm not feeling broke, honestly if it has cocoa in it I'm likely to consume it, but the world's best chocolate is Ghiradelli dark chocolate raspberry filled squares. I am licking my lips just thinking of it. Ghiradelli makes the most delicious dark chocolate in the first place, but there is a specific bag that has raspberry filling inside the dark chocolate, and it is heaven. If you are a person who doesn't dislike raspberry, try them. They'll change your life.

6. Describe yourself in three characters, explaining why you chose each one.
This is a really good question and I wish I had thought of it. Also bear with me as when I'm trying to describe myself accurately I always feel like I'm going on an ego trip. (:

Unikitty from The Lego Movie
Unikitty accurately represents both my sparkly adorable caring side and also my bad side when you make me angry. 😌 True story I turn into a giant red unicorn cat and eat things.

Barley from Onward
Barley is my spirit animal, I swear. The super extra personality, the loudness, the trash aesthetic™, the rock music, and the fantasy obsession. Even the way he turns the music up to a deafening volume when he's upset. All of it.

Mr. Spock from Star Trek
I'm probably a really right-brained person a lot of the time, but I'm telling you, there's a heavy portion of my personality that leans toward the left brain. I can be super logic-driven and super weird. Mr. Spock is and always will be the best star trek character.

7. What's one thing you hope people take away from your blog?
Really, what I hope people take away from my blog is the same thing as I hope they take away from the rest of my life: the influence of Jesus Christ. I don't feel like I represent that very well in any area of my life, and that's something I'm trying to work on, but I hope that people can see Him through me, and come to understand His love through me.

That's really where this blog comes from. My desire to see beautiful stories and unique, breathing characters and scream about all the things that are awesome comes from a deep-seated love for God's creation, and His people, and all the gifts He's given us. Everything is so cool because it was created that way and I just can't get enough of it.



Kk, time to make up 7 questions of my own. I don't think I can come up with 10 blogs to nominate, so I'm just going to nominate as many as I can. If anybody gets double-tagged, I apologize.

My nominees:
Rachel at Rsloft
Julia at Lit Aflame

My questions:
1. Your protagonist is thrown into a fight with Master Yoda. How do they do?
2. If you could change one thing in any movie, what movie would it be and what would you change?
3. You're stuck on a deserted island. What's your plan of escape?
4. What are your thoughts on prequel stories?
5. What's one superpower you'd rather NOT have?
6. Headphones or earbuds?
7. If there was a cupcake based on your personality, what would it be like?


And that's all for today! I will see you all on Tuesday with yet another post!

Comments

  1. AHHHH GHIRADELLI CHOCOLATE RASPBERRY SQUARES!
    Ahem.
    Yes. They are delicious. (Much better than the mint square, even, which is saying something).

    Haha, I have never met someone who considers themself like Unikitty...but I can see where that would come from!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At last someone who agrees with me on the raspberry squares!! And yes, I always saw unikitty as a kindred spirit, ever since I saw the Lego movie for the first time. 😂

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

12 Underused Creatures and Animals in Fantasy

10 Underused Historical Settings in Fiction

Villain Motivation Ideas Taken From History