Random Skills For Your Characters To Have

I got here to preview this post before I published it, only to discover that I had written the list and nothing else! No intro, no elaboration, no wrapup. I shake my head in my own self-disappointment.

Ah well, here I am now, a little late but here anyway!


I like it when characters have skills. Even if the skills aren't super important to the plot. I don't think they have to be important, so long as the character has them. It just provides a little extra intrigue and a little extra well-roundedness to the character. Not to mention, who knows if they'll be useful in the future!

So here's a list of random skills your character can have. If you have any other ideas that I didn't include here, let me know what they are in the comments! Maybe I'll do a part 2.


Random cool skills for characters:

Wood carving

Drawing

Painting

Oil Pastels

Knot Tying

Sailing

Fencing

Playing Spoons

Beatboxing

Street Drummer

Knows random trivia

Customizes clothes/Tailor

Memorizes stuff easily

Good at sports

Plays an instrument

Weaving

Green thumb

Caligraphy

Cooking

Baking

Patisserie(if you don't know what this is, worth the google)

Fishing

Beading

Handyman/carpenter

Paints on things

Makes knives

Fixes computers

Designs apps

Writing a book

Riddles


That's all I have for today! Again, I apologize if this post looks a little slapdashed together, because it kind of is. What weird skills does your character have? Let's talk in the comments!


Comments

  1. I'm pretty sure at least one of my family members can do each skill on this list. Except maybe playing spoons. XD
    It's a good point, though, I think we see a lot of characters with the same skills (fashion, writing, etc.) over and over. Why not make one of them good at spoons, for pete's sake?
    One of my characters has an interest in Astronomy, which I'm finding very fun to write. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my word I love astronomy. Why don't any of my characters have that interest yet??

      Delete
  2. Ok, I have a few more extreme XD
    Fishing, Hunting, Archery (depending on the genre and plot it could be really random), horse riding, coffee brewing... I think that's about it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhhhhh those are really good! I didn't think about the coffee thing but for some people it's a serious hobby

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

12 Underused Creatures and Animals in Fantasy

10 Underused Historical Settings in Fiction

Villain Motivation Ideas Taken From History