Things You Totally Have If You're A Writer(you're gonna feel called out)


Look, we don't want to be stereotypes, but at the end of the day, are all writers not the same? We all live on coffee, we all daydream when we should probably be writing, and we, ahem, write. If you don't have at least four things from this list I owe you a donut.

Every writer has:

A hoard of pretty notebooks

More pencils than you're ever likely to use

An unnecessary amount of trivia on all your characters(that you're just waiting to use at a talk one day)

A favorite writing spot

A book on writing that you've just destroyed

At least one character that is totally useless to the plot that you just can't bear to get rid of

Snacks hiding somewhere

A USB with all your novel files on it. Honestly, if you don't have one of these, get thee hence and back up your files, because you're going to regret not backing them up one of these days.

Random junk all over your desk/usual writing space

A notebook full of random notes like 'Bob gets kidnapped' or 'what if the dragons actually spat melted glass instead of fire because that would look awesome?'

That one hobby that they keep doing instead of the actual writing


Tell me honestly, did I get you or did I get you? Pretty sure I called myself out here, so I'm going to assume I called you out too.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

12 Underused Creatures and Animals in Fantasy

10 Underused Historical Settings in Fiction

Villain Motivation Ideas Taken From History