Talking about my current WIP (feat. my super lovable idioits)

I realized just the other day reading Lacy's post about her WIPs that I haven't talked about mine in who knows how long! I talk about it constantly on my Instagram and Twitter(where you should be following me, btw), but very seldom on the blog! I give monthly updates in my wrapups, but do I really talk about what the story is about? No.

AND WHY ON EARTH HAVEN'T I???

I don't know. But we're fixing that, okay? Here we go.



Here's the working cover for the novel right now. It's obviously not going to be the permanent cover when it gets published because this one is home-made and not that good, but for now, this is what we got:



Robbing Centaurs and Other Bad Ideas, or RCOBI for short because it's such a mouthful to say Robbing Centaurs and Other aBad Ideas every. Single. Time I mention it, is a YA fantasy comedy. I'm still not sure if 'comedy' is the word to use, but I'm trying to tell you that I poured my heart and soul into making it funny, okay? I think I left some stains on those pages from putting all my blood, sweat, and tears into it.

AND I'M STILL EDITING IT.

Yeah, I'm currently on draft 3, and it's still not done yet. I'm ready to hit my head against a wall trying to fill in some problems with motivations. And chapter 2 is still a hot mess that I'm attacking with a steak knife.



But anyway, getting past my stressfest of editing, let me try to describe the story to you. *laughs anxiously because I know I'm not very good at blurbs*


RCOBI is the story of Wick, a tree-like creature given the mission of carrying a valuable artifact across the land of Aro, and Archer, the seraph thief who is determined to take it from him. The catch is that Archer says he needs the artifact in order to save the world. And Wick doesn't believe him. And there's lots of chases and witty banter and secrets and jailbreaks and  m a g i c  and it's awesomeeeeeeee.




I mean, with lines like these, how can you not love it?? I love it so much. And if all goes well, this will be a trilogy, which means that I get three whole books with these absolutely lovable morons! <3



A quick crash course on my two main characters:

Wick is something called a leshy, which is a humanoid tree creature(but for complicated reasons, he changes into a human later in the book). He has a job as a messenger, but over time he's become sort of an adviser to a lot of important people, and he loves his job. He's adorable. He loves sunlight and pretty architecture and he's just precious and must be protected.



Archer is a seraph, which is basically a peoples with wings(except one of his is broken, ooh intriguing). He's a thief and a vending machine of sarcasm and just a general troublemaker. He likes to annoy the living daylights out of Wick, oh and he has an unfillable bag that has a horse and a river inside of it.

(he's beautiful)



So that's my current WIP. I love it so much, and if I can ever iron out all those plot wrinkles one day you'll get to read it. In the meantime, feel free to check out the rest of my blog! There are some short stories about Wick and Archer out there somewhere if you care to look for them. Maybe you got lucky and one of Blogger's pop-ups suggested one of the short stories. Anyway, see you on Tuesday! Buh-bye!

Comments

  1. This sounds like so much fun! Sarcastic characters are my faaaavorite. :)


    samsbookshire.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know all my favorite characters are the sarcastic, mouthy ones 😂

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

12 Underused Creatures and Animals in Fantasy

10 Underused Historical Settings in Fiction

Villain Motivation Ideas Taken From History