April 2020 Wrapup

So. April. Pretty sure I didn't do much in April because everything is shut down, but let me check the reliable tracker of my activities- my camera roll.

So, according to my camera roll.... yup, I did very little in April. A heck of a lot of art and puzzles. I also built a tiny beach house, which has the cutest tiny plant and surfboards in it!!!




I dyed the pages of this book:



And had Easter with my family.

Other than that it's just a ton of art, a ton of reading, and some messing around with makeup and fashion to pass the time. I grew up homeschooled, so aside from not having any work right now, the current situation isn't too foreign to me, so I'm just using my many, many hobbies to help keep me busy.


Soooooooo most of April was just me waiting for beta readers to get back to me. I'm still waiting for them to finish the last bits of the line editing, so right now I'm mostly just working out some plot holes and whatnot on paper while I wait.

So April wasn't the most productive writing month, but I'm trying to be ok with that, because sometimes it just happens.


*laughs maniacally*

You asked for it.

*dumps pile of art into your lap*

 
So on the left we have a bit of a niche music/meme joke, and on the right some fanart for Some Good News!


Chibi Merlin

Some monochrome portraits.



So, on the blog this month's most popular post was, drum roll, please, Cara Dune, the Perfect Female Character! I'm really proud of this knowledge because, once again, the Cara Dune post was probably my favorite this month, and it deserved all the attention it could get.



Also in the lineup from April are:


I had fun with this last month's posts, the cliche best friend one especially, and there are some fun ones coming up this month too! A quick note: Be sure to follow me on Instagram and Twitter, because I post awesome, funny content there, too! That will be all for today! See you this Thursday for another post!

Comments

  1. Hello, do you have any tips for making story playlists? I've heard you mentioning making book playlists in your articles and would like to know a little more on how you choose songs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've come to the right place! I did a whole series on making novel soundtracks a while ago. There are four total. Here's the first one to get you started. https://www.blogger.com/blog/post/edit/6917939201363710539/8971590125397890752

      Let me know if you have any other questions!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

12 Underused Creatures and Animals in Fantasy

10 Underused Historical Settings in Fiction

Villain Motivation Ideas Taken From History