January Wrapup

So, another month has come and gone. It felt like both a long month and then a short month, but I feel like I was productive and had a good time, so I guess we can rank this as a win!

And did you notice? I finally designed divider graphics for the wrapups! I keep meaning to, but every month I'm too lazy to work on them. This time around I decided, no, I was going to take the extra time and work on those dividers if it was the death of me!

So yeah. That will be all. Time for the wrapup!



Writing for me has been a lot more productive now that I've switched editing projects. I think I still might want to go back to Jack, Thief's Son sometime in the future, but that time is not now. It needs more time to stew in my mind.

But in other news, Robbing Centaurs and Other Bad Ideas is coming along nicely. I've looked closely and decided what things I need to edit before I can hand it off to beta readers. Most of the work will be in adding to the word count to get it to somewhere between 65k and 70k since it's currently at 50,800-ish words, and that's not enough. I'm also really excited about the parts of it I'm going to spruce up. 😃

I also participated in The Writer Games, hosted by Julia of LitAflame! It was super fun to work on a new themed piece every week, and I made it out as a semifinalist!

I also got this rad notebook from the Games. Super cool.





On the blog, things have been steady. This month's most popular post was 16 Motivations for Female Villains (that aren't centered around jealousy or heartbreak), which makes me happy considering how it was a post that I was really passionate about, and it makes me happy to watch it succeed. 😊

Other posts this month included:

How To Write Asthmatic Characters
How I Outline Characters(a simple but effective format)
Things Retail Workers Wish They Could Tell You



So, first of all, I drew a comic of Wick and Archer, just for the heck of it.



I also drew a ton of bookmarks for no particular reason other than that it was fun. I now plan to pass them out to various people.


I doodled chibi drawings of two different coworkers for fun. I might do more as well.




I painted this random thing on top of my handprint and want to do more like it, but I'm not sure how I want to do them just yet.



And last but not least, we have this painting of a girl inspired by the season of summer. I had a color palette in mind but it just didn't show up the way I wanted. I still love the painting, though!




Not gonna lie, editing has put me more on a roll with life, but outside of that, I feel kind of listless? Like I'm not sure what I'm doing and maybe it's just the weather but I've been feeling a little down over the course of the last week. Hopefully I can get myself out of this rut soon.

I didn't do much in January. I mainly just tried to get some things on a roll and worked some.

Here are some pictures anyway, for fun hehe.


My dad and my brother chilling in some armchairs on a family trip to Ikea

A photo from going to the DC March for Life

My cat, chillin'



And that is all for January! Let us hope for a little more snow this coming month before the winter is over, because we're already getting temperatures in the 50s and 60s and I don't understand it?? Anyway, see ya!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Underused Creatures and Animals in Fantasy

10 Underused Historical Settings in Fiction

Villain Motivation Ideas Taken From History