how I did with 2019's goals and my goals for 2020



Honestly I don't know if people read posts like this or not *laughs uncomfortably because I know I normally don't* but everyone is doing one of these and it sounded fun, so we're going to do it anyway!!

My goals for 2019 were:

_____________________________________________________

Get a car
Did I do it?

I did!! In early October of 2019 (a lot later than I was planning to hehe) I bought my own car!! Her name is Jiji, and she is blue and beautiful! She has a beanie dragon in her back window and re-usable bags in her trunk! She has a soot sprite plushie hanging from her rear view mirror! She takes me places and for that I am so grateful! :D :D :D


Finish Crash and Burn and publish it
Did I do it?

I did!!!!! When I got to the point where I knew I could make a deadline, I decided on Saturday, May 25th, and publish it I did! It took a lot of hard work(and admittedly, a bucket of tears), but I did do it, and I think it is beautiful! Since then I have persuaded around 20 people to buy it and that makes me happy! I look forward to publishing more books, hopefully one this year or next year if all goes well. :)

Pass 120 followers on Instagram/Twitter
Did I do it?

It seems I set myself an extremely low bar, because before the end of 2019 I had lured in 190 followers on Instagram and 800 followers on Twitter. What?? There were so many lovely people on Twitter who were kind enough to mention me in their writer lifts(the ban of which I'm still angry about, btw, but we will move past that), and they helped my platform grow!

I find that it is wayyyy harder to get people to follow you on Instagram. I get a few followers on Twitter daily(Idk whether they immediately unfollow me or not, but I don't care), but on Instagram I can go for a few weeks without a new follower, despite a flock of likes on every post and a lot of hard work on my end. But I'll keep working and hoping for the best.

Post 1+ video monthly
Did I do it?

I think? Maybe? Actually, I don't know. I just know that I tried. If you would like to check out the Scribbled Fiction Youtube channel, here's the link for you: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9-T5DUdLALSBVrafLGXhzg

Edit elf series or Jack
Did I do it?

To clarify, the mentioned 'elf series' is a series of books I wrote way back when I was like 13 or 14, and I love it so, but it needs a lot of work, so I did not opt to edit that one. I did start editing Jack, Thief's Son, as most of you probably know, but I have not finished editing it, nor will I for a while I think as I've now switched gears to a different editing project to give my brain a break.


2020 Goals

Apparently goals are better kept to yourself, but we're going to temporarily throw that out the window! Here are my goals for 2020!

Edit and maybe publish Robbing Centaurs and Other Bad Ideas (my WIP from 2019's NaNoWriMo)

Pass 1,000 followers on Twitter

Pass 250 followers on Instagram

Go on another road trip with my sister <3

Post 1+ video monthly (again)

Get a professionally done haircut


Will I achieve all these goals? Will I be able to edit RCOBI in only one year? Who knows! We will just have to find out what the future holds as it slowly trickles through the present!

Thank you all for your compliments in the comments, for sharing my posts, for following me on my social media! Thank you for everything you've helped with and put up with in the last year! Here's to another great year in 2020.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Underused Creatures and Animals in Fantasy

10 Underused Historical Settings in Fiction

Villain Motivation Ideas Taken From History