Trying and Failing is Hard



I recently saw a piece of advice that in the world of writing you have to be willing to fail for a long time.

And right now it feels like I've been doing that for a long time. I have been blogging for over two years, and while some of my posts have done extremely well, most take a few weeks to get numbers I would consider adequate. And while the book I put up in April is only the first decent book I've put online, I don't even know if the few people that have bought it have bothered to read it.

I feel as though my collection of attempts has led to nothing. I feel like my cup of failure is overflowing.

Often I wonder if I have taken the wrong course in my writing. If I'm doing something wrong.

And maybe I am. It would be wonderful to take a glance into the future to see what I need to do in order to succeed.

But whether I'm doing something wrong or whether I'm not, I know one thing for certain:

It'll be all right. The God I know will always watch over me and make everything work out according to His plan, and I trust His plan, for better or for worse. For another thing, I am still young. I forget sometimes, but I am only nineteen years old. I have only lived to see nineteen circuits around the sun. Many authors didn't 'make it' until they were 40, 50, 60, or even older. I have my whole life ahead of me to keep trying, and yes, to keep failing.

But it's not over yet. The door is still wide, wide open. The game isn't over until the end, and it hasn't all played out yet.

So I will keep striving toward my goal. To write beautiful, meaningful stories that can touch the hearts of this imperfect, fallen, glorious world. To reach people the best way I can. I will keep going to the glory of my God.

I will try.

I will fail.

And then,

At last,

I will succeed.


See you on Thursday.



More posts like this:
What if no one wants to read my novel?
Dear Teen Writer

Comments

  1. *sends encouraging chocolate* I think you're doing great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *shares chocolate with you* Thank you, so are you. 😁

      Delete
  2. So inspirational! You have the right mindset, and that is soooooo important in life. I always hate the feeling of failure, but I just keep moving forward and don't let it get the best of me. 💕💕

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

12 Underused Creatures and Animals in Fantasy

10 Underused Historical Settings in Fiction

Villain Motivation Ideas Taken From History