The Bestiary Tag


Rachel of R's Loft tagged me in this, and I am pumped to comply! Ironically, this sorta kinda lines up with what I wrote on Tuesday, which was a list of lesser-used mythical creatures you can use in place of overused ones.

I must confess, I don't know who to tag at all because I don't know nearly as many people on the blogisphere as I should. Please tell me if you have any suggestions for me!

Rules:

1. Include the graphic somewhere in the post and/or link back to Victoria.
2. Answer the questions on your blog.
3. Tag three or more fantasy lovers.

The Questions

1.) What is your favorite mythical creature?
Tough call. Probably dragons? I love the stabby flame-throwing aspect, but also when they are small and cute and curl around coffee cups. Dragons are .

2.) When was the first time you heard of this beast?
Um idk. Dragons are just kind of a thing you know about? I probably knew about them from Beowulf first since I was basically raised on the story. Or may St. George and the Dragon?


3.) What is your favorite portrayal of this creature in media?
The artttttttttt.

               


4.) If you could shapeshift into a mythical beast what would you pick?
Easy peasy lemon squeezy. A kitsune!!!!!! Basic explanation: a kitsune is a fox that can turn into a human girl(bonus points if we're going with the option of having multiple tails) Best part being that if I could shapeshift into a kitsune, that would make me a kitsune. Fox maidens are just so darn cool. I would have said a dragon again, but I already said dragon on another question, so kitsune it is. 

5.) What mythical beast would you love to have as a pet?
Wow, I really can't say dragon for all of these, can I? Hmmm. Ooh! If I could have any mythical beast for a pet, I would want to have a skyvader. Winged bun-bun rabbit so cuteeeeeeeeeee.



6.) What is your favorite mythological story surrounding a fantastical beast like in Greek Mythology, Egyptian Mythology, etc.?
The part where they hide from the cyclops by tying themselves to the bottoms of giant sheep. Or the minotaur and the labyrinth. That one is just so darn cool.

7.) What mythical creature would terrify you the most if you encountered it in person?
I don't think there's not a lot of creatures that would really scare me in real life, but I must say, if I ticked off a wyrm and it came slithering at me at top speed, I would run. I would know I was in trouble if I was captured by fairies, too, but I wouldn't really be scared.

8.) What is the most unusual mythical creature you've ever heard of?
Ever heard of succubi or incubi?  Like, why would you tell stories about something like that??


9.) What uncommon mythical beast do you wish you saw more of in books and movies?
Banshees. Dark faye. Kraken. Sylphs. Perytons. Phookas. Knuckers. I could make you a really long list. There are so many cool ideas out there that people aren't using!!

10.) If you could create a mythical creature what would it be?
I have actually created several mythical creatures already, most of them unnamed because I'm bad at naming things. 

 My favorite creation that I have actually named was called a brewie. Essentially, potion brewers. My protagonist in my urban fantasy novel is a brewie who works at a coffee shop, adding her bits of magic to people's tasty tasty drinks. She looks like this:

Her name is Luna, btw.


Tags:
Confession: I don't know as many people on the blogisphere as I should, so I tag whoever drops a comment giving me a list of the best writing and fantasy blogs I should follow!


That is all for today, and I will see you again on Tuesday with another post!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Underused Creatures and Animals in Fantasy

10 Underused Historical Settings in Fiction

Villain Motivation Ideas Taken From History