July Wrapup

I like reading other people's end-of-the-month wrapups, so I thought I might try one out for myself! This month has been. . . bad for productivity. My house has had various viruses since the beginning of the month, and having two lingering colds back-to-back is pretty bad for me doing stuff. 😬


Writing

I am past the first plot point in my editing, at only 6,700 words. Statistically, I should be past the 10,000-word mark since I'm aiming for 55k, but hopefully, all those extra words make their appearance the further we go along. *sigh*

I'm also doing the final polishes on a short story about werewolves to put on the blog for all to read! I just gotta get it right first. . .

Art
I did way more art this month than I had initially thought. All the downtime may have something to do with it. Not to mention, I bought myself some new art markers which I loooooooooove and they have set me on a three-day sketching spree.
The 10th doctor and Rose ❤️

I can't get it to rotate, but this is the grim reaper as a teenager. Don't know why. I just got up
 one morning thinking 'you know what would be really cool? The grim reaper... But a teenager.'

Drawn with my new markersssssss. The one in the corner is the MC from my WIP, Jack.

Aren't they pretty??

Blog Stuffs
I'm trying to find a way to get more outreach for this blog, so if you have any suggestions for me, let me know in the comments!

This month's most popular post has been Villain Motivations Taken From History, which is exactly what it sounds like. Other posts this month include:

The Top 4 Unconventional Heroes From Disney
Want Some New Writing Music? Here's a list!
How To Properly Write Scary

Normal Life
We had a quiet at-home 4th of July eating junk, setting off fireworks, and watching the Capital 4th on TV. We decided to do stars-and-stripes face paint, so I decided what I wanted accordingly:

Me as the cover of the American Beauty/American Psycho album.

Hey, it's stars and stripes. Even though it barely came off my face at all. 😂

And we went to see the Apollo 11 light show on the Washington Monument. It was beautiful.


Work's also been really busy and I haven't had a lot of home time, but it's making me good money! Aside from that, my month has been colds and lots of reading books. (Oh, and also stressing about my first-ever sleepaway camp that's only 3 weeks from now *coughs uncomfortably*)


How's your July gone? How's your writing treating you? Let's talk in the comments!

Comments

  1. Writing was derailed for me. A content editor found plot errors in a novel ready for publication. Now I have to update the debut book and the next three in the series. Still, hiring a content editor was worth the money.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, I'm really sorry about that. I've had to make major changes to things I thought were finished myself. But if it was a legitimate issue, probably better that the content editor found it, right?

      Delete
  2. Ooh, your drawings are so good! I especially love the grim reaper one, smells like a book idea to me. ;P
    And your face paint = AWESOME

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol thank you. I don't know if I have a good book idea for the grim reaper one, but I've drawn pictures and then written books about them before. You never know!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

12 Underused Creatures and Animals in Fantasy

10 Underused Historical Settings in Fiction

Villain Motivation Ideas Taken From History