The Shared WIP Tag 2- Protagonist Questions + Some Very Important News!!


So, Very Important News first. My book, this book, my editing project, Crash and Burn is going to be released THIS. MONTH!!!! On the 25th of May, this project will finally be out!! Pray for me and all that I have to do before and after the book release, but I think it's ready! So prepare yourselves for the release, because it's gonna be good!!!


Okay, time to talk about my protagonist! She'll hate me for doing this, but I love her and I feel like she's such a great character, so like it or not, girl, we're doing this!

On a completely unrelated note to the 'she's a great character' bit, I didn't realize how much I didn't know about her until I read the questions for this. Forgive me, but (singing) I'm only human...

Introduce your MC a little (name, maybe a description or picture, etc,) and tell us something quirky about them.

Lexie's appearance
Lexie's vibe. As you can see from both these pictures,
 she hates hoodies and never  wears them.





















Ok so Lexie is. . . a walking disaster. I love her, but it's true. She's a street skateboarder, a computer lover, and she's avoided like an actual plague in her town(dark and secret backstory alert). But if you make it past her introvert exterior, she is a very compassionate and sensitive person. She puts her love of others above her personal needs, to the point of being extreme sometimes, and seriously just wants to be loved.

Aw geez, someone just protect my cinnamon roll, please.

Basically her mantra throughout the whole book.

Something quirky about her? Umm. All the picture frames on her walls are full of pictures from magazines, not personal pictures, because why should people be able to see her personal life on her walls? Hope that's quirky enough for you.


What does your MC value the most?

I never got to think about this before, but now that the question's posed to me, I think what Lexie values the most is getting to be herself. The people she likes being around the most are the people who let her be herself, and that's why she values Abby(her cousin) so much. Abby is the one who shows her the most love when she acts like herself, and the person who understands her the most.

What is your MC’s wildest dream?  What is their greatest fear?

Lexie dreams of designing video games. She loves all gaming, computer games, video games. . . and she's a computer whiz, so those who can, do. And she does. She designs a video game over the course of the story, in fact(so proud of her!), and the gaming plays a small role in the actual plot! (So proud of myself! *pats on back*)

As for her greatest fear, I would say that she's most afraid of being alone. She's very anxious about talking to people, so making Alf (her friend and traveling buddy for most of the book) do the talking every time she needs something? Check! Hiding in her room and playing video games rather than leaving the house? Double check!

What is your MC’s favorite food?  Can they cook?

Fun fact! Lexie can cook! Normally I wouldn't have pegged someone like her as much of a cook, but lo and behold, cook she did! The scene got taken out of the finished product (of course. Thank you, me. Just when I needed an excerpt to put in), but at one point Lexie made three frappuccinos to help her work better.

Three frappuccinos in a row, you exclaim in disbelief? Nay, nay, nay! She would never dream of doing something so ridiculous! It was three frappucinos at once!

However, I doubt she can make her favorite food, considering as I think it's probably soda, and even my mom can't make soda.

What do you (the writer) have in common with the MC?  What do you not have in common?

Every question of this tag: What do you have in common with your character?
Me: Nothing?
Tag: TELL ME YOU FOOL
Me: I don't know where she even came from why are you asking me this???

No but seriously I have no idea where Lexie came from. I think she was the type to spring from the head of Zeus fully formed or something, because she has like nothing in common with me. She's introverted, I'm extroverted, she's a computer genius, I am. . . not. I have no idea how I identify with her so well when we're so polar opposite. If we were to meet, it would probably be like this:

Lexie: There is social interaction that way. We are going the other way.
Me: But people

aesthetic.......

What lie does your MC believe about herself/the world?

NOW we get down to it!

I kinda feel like this is a little bit of a spoiler, but here we go anyway. Lexie very seriously believes that people don't care about her and that she's going to be on her own forever. She takes everything upon herself, does everything herself, and thinks everything is her fault. That's why she's so very afraid of losing Abby. (hint hint something bad might happen to Abby)

Who is their best friend and why?

This is gonna shock you, okay, so make sure you're sitting down. Comfy? Smelling salts at the ready in case it's too much for you? Okay.

Lexie's best friend is. . . Abby.

Whoa! Shocker! Not like I've brought her up a million times already or something!

Abby really gets Lexie, and she is seriously the sweetest person in the whole book. Believe me, once you've read it, you're going to wish Abby was your best friend.

This is Abby
This is also Abby









What song best describes them in this book?

FINALLY, THE PART WHERE I GET TO TALK ABOUT MY PLAYLIST!!!! (I've been looking forward to this, can you tell?)

So this was my first NaNoWriMo, and as such, the first opportunity I had to create a novel playlist. The playlist for Crash and Burn has been, um, dismantled since then, but before this WIP series is done, I want to put it back together on the Scribbled Fiction youtube channel(I already have a couple videos there, click the link to visit it!). 

Lexie's song on said playlist is either 'Trouble' by Alvin and the Chipmunks(I'm very mature, I know) or 'Bottle of Bad Ideas' by VanLadyLove. But I would argue for the latter since it seems more like her. I discovered that song in the background of a DevinSuperTramp video and I was just like 'yup, this is it'.

What is their personality type?

If we're talking about the MBTI personality or whatever the letters are, I actually know the answer to this. I looked up her and Abby at the beginning of the character developement stage, and Lexie came out as an INFP. I wasn't super sure if I had gotten the right result until I got to the part about how INFPs feel that others don't really understand them, and at that point I was like, 'Yeah I got it right'.

 “Hey, Lexie. What's up?” Alf asked. He could never quite tell the difference between my various moods like Abby could, but right now I didn't care.
“Mrs. Grubbey kicked me off the guardrail again,” I complained. I ran my hands dramatically down my face. “Why is the only decent guardrail in town owned by the person who likes me the least?”
“I know what you mean,” Alf said as all of us walked over to the sidewalk to get out of the street. “She's kicked me off of it, too, amiga. Just that was only once, then I stayed away. You should just keep away from her rail, and you won't get in trouble.”

Why should your readers care about this person?

Oy, why would you ask me this question? It's like in a job interview and they ask you 'Why do you think we should give you this job?' Like, um, because that's how it works???

What's not to like about this??

A Brief List of Why You Should Like Lexie:

1. Because she is smol and sad and needs someone to like her ok?
2. She is really nice, I promise.
3. She's funny.
4. Because I like her. You trust my judgment, don't you?


Brain dump complete.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Underused Creatures and Animals in Fantasy

10 Underused Historical Settings in Fiction

Villain Motivation Ideas Taken From History