NaNoWriMo: Week 4 Update (Final Week!!!)


This is the last week of NaNoWriMo. How's your word count coming? Are you close? Are you done???

I just crossed 50,000 yesterday, but there's a bit more to be written of the story (just a tad, you see) so I'll be writing probably up until the end of the month trying to finish the story.

Now, may I be candid for a moment? Just a moment? If you ever hear me say again that a novel's going to be really long, slap me. I do this every time I'm writing a novel. I don't know if something's up with the way I do my plot points or what, but I'll reach the midpoint and have a huge word count, and then the other half of the story will only be a fraction of the length of the first half. What am I doing wrong here? I don't know. But I say the same thing I said last week every NaNoWriMo, and sometimes in between, and I'm always wrong. So the next time I say something's going to be really long, call me out on it, and if it turns out to be really long anyway, then you can chill.

This public service announcement was brought to you by me. Thank you very much.

Also good news! As of next Tuesday, we will be returning to our regularly scheduled programming, of my humor posts, busting cliches, et cetera, and I'm thinking of throwing in some stuff about me, too, since I realized I don't really talk about myself personally too much, and I think it might be fun!

Word Count Update:
As of yesterday, since I haven't done my bit of writing yet today, I hit the point of 50,932 words. *Crowds cheering, president awards me the Nobel prize, I throw kisses to my many many screaming fans, bells of jubilation going clang clang in the distance*

I feel I reached the word count within plenty of story, without having to add too much in order to reach it. I mean, I used more words than necessary and went on and on about a couple unnecessary details, but who doesn't do that during the month of November?

And now gifs! This week's theme: Pixar! And they're all aimed at you as you finish your word count!!

Gifs

Staring down your daily word count like the warrior you are,
you sassy little writer.
You wrote how many words today? Dang, you've got it together.
Your greatest enemies upon hearing the word of your success.
How everyone's thinking about
that ending you're planning.

Good luck finishing the month, my word warriors! See ya next Tuesday for our regularly scheduled posts.


My Instagram
My Twitter

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Underused Creatures and Animals in Fantasy

10 Underused Historical Settings in Fiction

Villain Motivation Ideas Taken From History