NaNoWriMo: Week 1 Update and This year's project


NaNoWriMo word warriors, where you at?? Drop me a hello in the comments and keep me updated throughout the month! I wanna know who's doing this with me!

NaNoWriMo has already started, and I am TERRIFIED!!!! Not only do I have to reach the word count, which is difficult enough, but this year I have to dodge work as well! AAAAAAAAAA!!!


Anyway, now that we've gotten past that, let me talk about this year's project for me! This year's project is about a kid named Javi, a very small boy with red hair who just wants to be loved and have a lot of fun. But will he get what he wants? Hahaha, NO!!!

Here's my blurb for it. I don't think really highly of it, but I'm sure in time I'll come up with a better one.

The surface of the world has been destroyed, wiped out by a magical storm over a century ago. Now, everyone lives and works on islands in the sky- everyone, that is, except for the catfolk, who are said to be traitorous invaders. Little Javi is almost happy with his oddly unloving family until they sell him to a skyboat full of the humanlike cats. Much to his relief, he finds that the catfolk aren't as bad as he's been told. In fact, they're nothing like what he's been raised to believe at all.
Meanwhile, the world below is proving to be full of danger and wonder. But in time, Javi learns that the catfolk are planning an uprising against his kind. An uprising could result in all-out war - the exact kind of conflict that caused the destruction of the ground in the first place. If he can't convince his new friends to stop it in time, the two sides may destroy one another.

And now for my cover and aesthetic collages! (see, if you were following me on Instagram you would have seen them sooner)




I couldn't figure out which collage I liked the best, so here's all of them! Which one is your favorite?

Just so you know, for the month of November, I'm not having complete blog posts. What I think I'll do this just have an update every week, complete with memes and how far I've gotten. I've seen other people do that before, and I might throw in some of my tales of NaNoWriMo along the way, but that's what I think I'll do for November, and go back to our regularly scheduled posts in December. I know you live only to see the email notifications for my blog arrive in your inbox, but you'll have to make do on these updates until then. *pats comfortingly but sarcastically on shoulder*

So here's this week's status:

Week 1 is going kinda meh. The writing isn't as smooth as it has been in previous years, but it could be that this is happening because the story didn't have as much time to stew in my mind as it usually does. However, I am still enjoying writing it despite my own cringing every two seconds at my own awkward prose, so I'm still goin' here.

I've still had to dodge schedules, but so far I haven't had to stay up until 2 am writing anything, and I'm almost at 10k already, so yay! I'm sure those super late nights are hiding around here somewhere, though...

Nonetheless, here are my feelings this week in gifs: Minions edition!

Me looking at any food or other possible distraction while I'm supposed to be writing.


The amount of help I'm getting with my struggles (it's okay I'm not stressed at all)

Me trying to get any words out of my brain when I can't focus.


That will be all, thank you.

How's your writing going, NaNoWriMo or otherwise?? If you need encouragement, you've come to the right place! Just drop me a comment! See you next week!

My Instagram
My Twitter

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. Nice! Seriously, I couldn't pick a favorite from among them if I tried.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

12 Underused Creatures and Animals in Fantasy

10 Underused Historical Settings in Fiction

Villain Motivation Ideas Taken From History